1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Screen Tearing on AMD Cards - Still no fix?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Salthos, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Salthos

Salthos Void-Bound Voyager

I've been playing Starbound on and off for years, but since I upgraded my card (AMD Vega 64), I've been getting screen tearing issues.

No matter what I do, I always get it on Starbound exclusively. I've done every fix available - turning Vsync on and off, forcing it on and off through AMD Settings (which doesn't work) and I've limited my frames to no avail.

And after doing a search on these forums and beyond, I've seen that it's an issue that is known of and yet, no fix in sight.

Can any of the Starbound team explain this complete lack of response? I know there's barely been any updates on Starbound recently but this complete lack of support is beyond abysmal. It's now made me never want to buy a game with the Chucklefish logo anywhere near it, and this is coming from a Starbound lover.

The screen tear is extremely noticeable and it's making me hate playing the game. It's hard to enjoy playing when every two seconds of movement, tears affects everything and really make this game look terrible.

I'm incredibly disappointed with the lack of support from Chucklefish here. This has clearly been an issue for YEARS and yet nothing has been done. It's terrible customer service and a complete lack of integrity from the company.

Please can someone tell me if any fix is in sight, or if there's any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.