1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Screen Not Refreshing

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by PaperbagWizard, Aug 23, 2016.

1. PaperbagWizard

PaperbagWizard Space Hobo

Hello, I've been experiencing some difficulties running Starbound after my purchase. On the menu screen, the screen does not seem to refresh and at an initial glance seems to be frozen. However, while the ingame cursor does not move I am still able to blindly click into other menus. In order to see the screen be updated, I have to alt tab and open it up again. I'm unsure of how to tackle the problem.

My processor is Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @2.40Hz 2.40 GHz and I have 4.00 GB of ram. My graphics card is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. It's a Toshiba with a 64 bit operating system using Windows 10. I'm running it in windowed mode.
    Thank you for your time.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Do you receive the same problem in fullscreen? Try disabling vsync and see if the error persists.

~ Iris ~

3. PaperbagWizard

After attempting to put it in full screen several times, it finally worked. The screen actually updates and is responsive in showing mouse movement and menu switching. I'm really puzzled about how it worked after failing multiple times. Thank you for your help. To anyone that gets a similar error like this, carefully to get a resolution closer to your pc then repeatedly try to get it into fullscreen until it spontaneously works. I don't know how to disable vsync.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  4. PaperbagWizard

The screen occasionally flashes black now and flickers but at least the game runs... Update: After disabling vsync, the game does not flash anymore.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016