1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Save File Won't Save

Discussion in 'Support' started by Pumpkin Cupcake, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Pumpkin Cupcake

Pumpkin Cupcake Space Hobo

Hey! So I've had a problem with one of my save files, in that every time I sleep, the game gives me the same error, and I lose all my progress for that day as it crashes completely. I do have mods, but I cannot tell what is causing the issue. My other farm works without flaws, and when I tried to replicate the map with another farm (to see if it was the farm mod layout that was causing the issue), everything worked fine. I have tried sorting all of my chests and inventory before sleeping, removing a mod that caused issues for someone else in a similar case, and nothing seems to work.

My crash file is here: https://log.smapi.io/RAEB6kJh

I simply cannot find anyone else with this error. Is that save file corrupted? D:

• ConcernedDuck

ConcernedDuck Aquatic Astronaut

I dont really know about a problem but, try removing PyTK, JoysOfEfficiency, and Portraiture. I'm suspecting your in-game files. Try a new save if it works. If all goes pandemonium, Redownload the game. Your save should not be deleted, as it is in a seperate folder.

1. If the new save works, bad case scenario, your file is corrupted. I'm sorry. I can't do anything about corrupted files.
      2. I saw some SMAPI warning signs on PyTK, JoysOfEfficiency, and Portraiture, so it is a second suspect.
      3. DO NOT PANIC IF YOU REDOWNLOAD THE GAME. Like i said, your save files is in another folder.

Bugs away,
      ConcernedDuck

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The underlying error happens when parsing the dialogue data. Does it still happen if you remove the "Canon-Friendly Dialogue Expansion for All Friend-able Characters" mod?

• Pumpkin Cupcake

Pumpkin Cupcake Space Hobo

I checked all of the mods you recommended, removing them and putting them in one by one after it saved when they were removed. Portraiture was the problem! So now that that mod is out, the save file works. (The Dialogue mod just got an update yesterday, so it seems that may have patched any issue with the dialogue.) Thank you both so much!!!