1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Save file won't load

Discussion in 'Support' started by danielmchen, May 23, 2019.

1. danielmchen

danielmchen Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, all,

When I try to load my save file, it keeps taking me back to the load screen. However, when I make a new character, it can load and save fine.

I tried to follow ConcernedApe's troubleshooting guide, but my farm is pretty far advanced (Winter Year 2, most achievements completed), and I'm wary about transplanting data from a brand new save file.

Would someone be kind enough to take a look at my save file? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Your farm loads fine for me (after renaming the folder to match the save). If you use SMAPI, did you get any errors? One thing to try is to reset your content files to make sure none of the game files are corrupted; note that will remove any XNB mods you have installed.

danielmchen likes this.
      • danielmchen

Thanks for your reply @MouseyPounds!

I tried verifying the integrity of my game files on Steam, and it didn't work. I've also never used SMAPI or downloaded any mods, although I have used a Stardew Valley helper to find artifacts (https://stardew.djomp.co.uk/).

• danielmchen

Update: Changed the name of the folder and it worked. Thanks!