1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Save file randomly disappeared and the backups are not from previous day

Discussion in 'Support' started by spacebran, Jul 10, 2019.

1. spacebran

spacebran Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,

I have a save file with about 120 hours on it. I played last night and everything was great. I tried to load my save today and it shows "loading" for an instant, and then goes back to the Chucklefish logo and then to the main menu. I have not used mods or modified my saves in any way.

I went to the %appdata% folder and the save info file is there along with two files with "bak" in the name. I tried deleting everything except the save file name and both of them are random dates from over a year ago in game time. I tried deleting my save folder and had the steam cloud download my save folder. It downloaded the exact same set of files.

I have no idea what to do. My last manual backup was from about 20-30 hours of playtime ago, regrettably.

Is there any reason why this would happen? Normally this wouldn't be a huge deal, but over the last few months of game time I changed a lot of stuff on my farm and I really don't want to go through that again, plus I wouldn't be able to replicate what I did exactly.

Thank you.

• Gabriel9282

Gabriel9282 Master Chief

Hi there!
      I would recommend trying the guide ConcernedApe has set up in this part of the forum for corrupted files if your corrupted farm file is still there. Good luck!