1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RPG Growth 1.92

Adds RPG-like growth (stat points and classes) to Starbound

1. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora Pangalactic Porcupine

Masteroids can be found in space encounters.

2. Gooseman

Gooseman Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is an amazing mod. I've been enjoying it thus far and I highly look forward to any updates.

However, if you would allow me to give some suggestions, I would advise expanding the 20% damage bonus in some facet for some of the classes.

In particular, I find that the rigid restriction with Knights on Broadsword and Sword/Shield is a bit too narrow and I would like to see if you'd allow one-handed axes, maces, or other 1-H melee weapons + Shield or Greataxes and Warhammers to give the same bonus, just as an example. It would be nice if the other classes also receive the same treatment and have their weapon combos reconsidered to allow more applicable weapons of the same type.

3. CopperBoltwire

CopperBoltwire Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just a FYI:
    Added support for experience and stat points via my so called cheat mod "Ore plants+ Cheated".
    Love your mod, and thus i made support for it, for those who enjoy the aspect of "cheating" but has enough patience to get 3100 pixels together to be able to get the needed machines to be able to get the seeds needed to "cheat".

4. MinccinoMice

MinccinoMice Void-Bound Voyager

Nice Mod. 10/10 One suggestion though. Make a simpler, stat-point only version of the mod. I mainly suggest it because I hate class systems in most RPG's and wish more people would make more open-ended systems. And that it might reduce the margins for being OP.

5. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Hi , awesome mod , too bad i didnt discoverd it sooner !

But i've a question , what is the toggle button about "Border/Light" ? (in classe tab , also i'm knight if it can help).

6. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Testing damage output

For this test, I used a Floran Rogue with a spear-type weapon that delivered 55 damage/shot and armor with a total rating of 200% weapon output. The result was at STRength 1 the weapon struck for 110 damage/shot. There's some diminishing returns effect which rears it's head around STR 15, which means the appropriate response is to place points in the lowest favorite skill after about STR 15.

The range of damage output was 100% at STR 1 to 154% at STR 50
    [​IMG]

7. ThornyFlora

ThornyFlora updated RPG Growth with a new update entry:

Patch 1.36 - Stat Changes and More

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. ThornyFlora

There is a small colored border indicating when your Class' passive is working. This toggle removes that color.
    It also removes the Explorer's passive light bonus.

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  9. ThornyFlora

Thank you for these tests. Stats work a bit differently in 1.36 now, so Strength's soft cap should be a bit higher. If you'd like to test again, that'd be great, but of course, that's up to you :)

10. AngleWyrm

AngleWyrm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Still puttering along with 1.3, I should really get around to updating.

Testing with version 8.6

Used 300% armor and a 33.67 Dmg/shot spear that gave an output of 101 damage/stab at Strength-1.

The range of gains was a narrower band of bonus, but more consistent. It came to about 3 points of damage for every five points of strength with my weapon/armor loadout.
    [​IMG]
    Note that one of my mods causes small fluctuations in the armor attack adjustment (probably Frackin' Races) which happened during the testing of Str:20, thus two entries for it. The change was sleight, being only about 1 point of damage. I suspect it's a Floran buff during daylight hours.

Armor Test
    At level 50 strength, the bonus was 100%, so that a naked human did 200% damage, in bandit armor they did 300%, Dark Knight gear did a total of 400%, and Disphotic armor did 500% damage. I tested different weapons at the different armor levels, with a set of spears doing 9, 18, and 35 damage, and the percentages worked as expected.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    ThornyFlora likes this.
  11. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Hello it was for few questions , i've reach level 50 so :
    1-if i use prestige option i'll keep my class skill but did everything else will be reset ? (like stats and others things ?)
    2-did prestige will include effect of affinity scroll and class reset scroll ?
    3-i've see in a comment you speak about subclass , did i miss something or its a FU feature ? (i dont use FU).
    4-in the google doc the left part is cut , is it a problem from me ? i(ve try chnage zoom level but didnt "fix" it :
    [​IMG]

For 1 and 2 you can also list things we keep/lost if you want.

Anyways , very cool mod , finaly we can farm monster for something else than a drop lol, i like the fact it work well with blade dance mod , i've maybe 60 mods but your mod is maybe the best in my list.

12. ThornyFlora

Thank you for providing an image of the issue, and also for your kinds words :). As for you Google issue, I'm not sure why that would be. What is your screen-size, and what browser are you using? Perhaps it is just a browser issue? Otherwise, I am beginning to work on a Wikia for Starbound RPG Growth, but it is far from ready.

Prestige will, as you've deduced, remove everything except for Class Skills (techs). It will remove Stats, Affinity, Class, and XP, but will keep your Mastery Tab open even before level 50. This is to help speed along the growth of subsequent run-throughs with a new Class.

Specializations, previously known as Subclasses, will be added in future updates. They will provide new ways to play as each Class (new Techs, new Weapons, new Passive Bonuses).

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  13. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Thanks for your answers.

No problems ^^ i use google chrome browser and i have a resolution of 1366x768 (it was what you asking for ?)

14. ThornyFlora

15. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Edit : nevermind i've found that on the google doc :
    "Craft Firing Mechanisms using a furnace"

Hi , where can i find that please ?
    [​IMG]

Is it a rare drop from space mechanized monster / bandit like gun part from the mod ? or it's somewhere else ?

Didint found it sooner because search with f3 dont work.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  16. CopperBoltwire

CopperBoltwire Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm a bit confused, you call the mod version 1.36b, but the filename is 8-6b?

17. ThornyFlora

Yea, it's just how it turned out. 1.4 would be v9, and 1.45 would be v9-5, and so on.

18. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi, got an error, third time I've gotten it, I THINK it's from here, not sure.
    Code:
    [10:48:12.276] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/ivrpgstatboosts.lua"]:64: std::exception: bad allocation
    stack traceback:
        [C]: in ?
        [C]: in field 'setPersistentEffects'
        [string "/scripts/ivrpgstatboosts.lua"]:64: in function <[string "/scripts/ivrpgstatboosts.lua"]:20>
    [0] 7ff7db847153
    [1] 7ff7db845ede
    [2] 7ff7db81a4c1
    [3] 7ff7dba09517
    [4] 7ff7dba0cca5
    [5] 7ff7dba0cbc0
    [6] 7ff7dba1394c
    [7] 7ff7dba138bc
    [8] 7ff7dbc778f0
    [9] 7ff7dbb52895
    [10] 7ff7dbd7a178
    [11] 7ff7db99a5d7
    [12] 7ff7dbd92659
    [13] 7ff7dbcfb753
    [14] 7ff7db78e557
    [15] 7ff7db78ce4f
    [16] 7ff7dbf8aa72
    [17] 7ff7dbf8ac2d
    [18] 7ff7db78ff76
    [19] 7ff7dc178daf
    [20] 7ffafcba1fe4 BaseThreadInitThunk
    [21] 7ffafeecf061 RtlUserThreadStart
    [10:48:12.347] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: std::exception: bad allocation

19. ThornyFlora

You are certainly correct in that one of my scripts is triggering the error. However, I am unsure if this is the code's fault necessarily. I'll check after I get some sleep, but could you tell me how often it crashes, and what you are doing before the crashes occur? Bad allocation most likely means some sort of memory mismanagement, and I haven't even seen it before in the log, which is interesting.

20. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, I think I found the issue that caused the error-
    Wait for the sound of a thousand facepalms...
    I had two World Size Variance and Gravity Strength mods, which was probably creating friggin' GINORMOUS worlds, which probably would cause issue with a few of the RPG scripts.
    I've since removed them both and had no issues- the last time I had an issue with it was upon creating a new Slime Person character and starting at the Protectorate- pretty sure that's the excerpt I posted.
    Edit: Forgot to mention- this was happening when trying to beam down to newly-generating unexplored Deserts.

(Also, I believe the code was getting stuck with its Update, as a previous log had the update script running and failing many times in a row, but with no in-game issues. Sadly, I'm remembering this after I've launched Starbound a few times to figure out what the problem mod was, so I'll be of no help with providing the log for it.)

Last edited: May 10, 2018