1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Rotating?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ThePickleTickle, Dec 8, 2013.

1. ThePickleTickle

ThePickleTickle Yeah, You!

I don't know if I'm just being a total idiot or not but is it possible to rotate objects? I've been desperately trying to work out how i can rotate my wooden support beam so there are two, one at each side of the structure, but i can't rotate it at all and can't find any info on HOW to rotate that makes sense to me

2. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

To mirror image, just face your character the otherway, to actually rotate 90 degrees is impossible, there are seperate items for vertical and horizontal items that look similar.

3. SlowShootinPete

SlowShootinPete Void-Bound Voyager

What you do is pull the object towards yourself or push it away from you with the matter manipulator to change which side it's facing

If it's facing away from you, shifting it 1 block closer to you will flip it the other way

4. ThePickleTickle

omg i am such an idiot...

for the record though, it is much clearer if you say "move your character towards or away" speaking of moving the object meant i was just wiggling my mouse around achieving nothing.

help is appreciated none the less

*edit*
    it appears to still not work for the 'Wooden support' but at least now i know how to do it with other items ^^'

5. Blackwood

Blackwood Phantasmal Quasar

The wooden support rotates based on the location of the mouse. Place the mouse against the wall in the location you want the bottom of the support to be attached. Took me forever to figure out too.

ThePickleTickle likes this.
  6. ThePickleTickle

aaah thank you