RELEASED Rosalie's Enchanted Forest

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Rosalie, Oct 9, 2016.

1. tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

Rosa! Oh my god.
    I haven't played SDV in a really long time and I returned and found your maps and I love them!
    Was wondering if you maybe take requests? Because I would love a forest map with the little river you also feature in your hilltop map? As I have no idea of mapping I don't know if that will actually work but I'm a sucker for that river.
    If it can't be done, that's alright as well. I will simply play with one of your other two maps <3

• Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

thank you!! <3

the hill-top river was already premade! there can be a river in the forest, it just takes a lot of patience to animate every water tile :p
      I love the idea though!

tiffy961 likes this.
      • tiffy961

tiffy961 Pangalactic Porcupine

You think you might be up for the challenge? *puppyeyes* :iswydt:

lannihamm likes this.
        • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Hello. :3 I'm using your map and I love it, just got a quick question. Does the grass for the animals spread okay? It seems like it's not growing but maybe I just haven't been playing long enough (I just started a new file and Im only on Spring 16 year 1). Also, is it able to spread in the areas where the stumps grow? I'm planning on using the bottom left corner for my barn.
          Just curious, thanks for making such a pretty map. :)

• wolfchick

wolfchick Void-Bound Voyager

I've downloaded your mod but I'm having the same problem as oboku with the forest map, (My character is married to Shane). I've tried everything I can think even using your suggestion about copying certain files into content but to no avail. The glitch doesn't happen when I use any other forest farm mods like yours so I'm just confused. If you can figure it out I'd be so grateful.

• Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

hi! thank you <3 so sorry for the really late reply!
              grass spreads just fine ^.^

this is so bizarre.. >.< I'm also marrying shane pretty soon on my hill-top map... I really hope I can find the fix D:

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
              • FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bprvin3lx5ocmnm/Farm_Foraging.xnb?dl=0
                I did the same thing with one of her other maps and removed the town files dependencies. Unfortunately, that removes the little bench in the bottom right (may have removed other things I didn't notice). But give it a try, and see if it works. I'd see myself but I don't have a save file far enough into any of the new maps yet.

Rosalie likes this.
                • wolfchick

wolfchick Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much it fixed the problem ! :)

Rosalie likes this.
                  • FieryChaos

Rosalie, I just posted in Tiffy's thread. I think I've found a fix for the spouse area problem while keeping the town files intact (so your mining farm gets to have bridges and this one can have it's bench), so I'll repost it here:

"I think I may have figured out this issue. It appears that it is taking the spouse area tiles from the sheet that is 2nd when all tile sheets are in alphanumeric order. Since with a lot of the edits the outdoors tile sheet is "unknown tile sheet" or something to that nature, it is last on the list, so it is taking tiles from whatever tile sheet is 2nd. I was having a hunch that it might have something to do with the order of tile sheets in the map file, so I went to test it and added a town sheet to my main map edit and was able to both reproduce the error and fix it. So all you should have to do is rename the tile sheet in the map so that it is 2nd when in alphanumeric order. If that isn't it, then my fix is only part of the issue."

I only have a married file on the main farm map, but was able to both cause the issue and fix it just by simple renaming the outdoors tilesheet when editing the map so that it loads 2nd, before any other tilesheets and after paths.

EDIT: Also, if anyone wants to share their save files so I can test things myself, please link it or send me it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
                    • Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

you are complete awesomeness, thank you so much for sharing that!

just so I'm getting it, the 2nd tile sheet on the forest map is called "town" (which I named, but takes from summer_town)
                      and the last one is "untitled tile sheet"- it's the spring_outdoors.

so, I would need to rename the tile sheet in tIDE to "summer_town" ?

• FieryChaos

No, you'd rename the untitled one so that it comes before your other tilesheets and after paths; "spring outdoors" in your example should suffice. The spouse areas are taken from the outdoors tilesheet, so you'd want to make sure that loads 2nd.

EDIT: For example:
                        paths
                        spring_outdoors
                        town
                        In alphanumeric order, you'd want the outdoors tilesheet to always be the 2nd one. (Save your changes, exit, and reopen the map in tide; if the 2nd one listed isn't the outdoors tilesheet, rename it again until it is.)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
                        • FieryChaos

lilyeverlasting and lannihamm like this.
                        • Rosalie

Rosalie Cosmic Narwhal

thank you so much!!! you're really nice ;_;
                          I've been pretty busy irl past couple of days (driving, cleaning, working on irl stuff), so I apologize for that! I'll quote this and put into my OP's until I can fix myself(only so I know how to do it, following your above list)

• ZephyrWindSpirit

ZephyrWindSpirit Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there. I think I've found an unwalkable area behind the pink tree to the left of the farmhouse. I can't see behind it, but I'm not able to break anything so far behind it.
                            Anyhow, thank you for a beautiful map, I love it so very much!

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

There is, I use the same map and I can't walk behind it either. If you go one tile up you can pass though, I think it's just that one tile.

• hopieluff

hopieluff Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi there! I love this mod, but there appears to be a bug with my version - when I click on the flowers on Grandpa's Shrine, it brings up this image:

upload_2017-10-7_23-23-0.png

Could you possibly help?