1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Risk Of Rain super slow FPS.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FoxCat1337, Apr 14, 2016.

1. FoxCat1337

FoxCat1337 Space Spelunker

Hello Guys,
    i really dont know what to do anymore. Here's to the Problem:
    I had to set up my Laptop newly due to a HDD crash and exchanged my HDD in a SSHD, and installed everything freshly. But now,
    Everytime I try to start a game, its just super slow and runs at around 30- 45 FPS right of the start. Its just not playable. It is even recongnizable in the picking screen on the characters, where some clicks just wont be executed(like, i click on the Huntress and nothing happens, after the third click she will get selected).
    Also their "on click" animation is also slow.
    To my specs:
    Im running RoR on my Laptop, Win8.1, 12 gb RAM, i5 w. 2,6 GHZ and a Nvidia GeForce 740m.
    The thing that bugs me out is that i have already played 115 hours of this absolutely great game on this exact Laptop(until the HDD exchange), and now I cant play anyomre, its more that just sad and frustrating. I already tried several things like:
    Redoing my Laptop, reinstall steam, reinstall Risk of Rain, reinstalling the Redistributables, trying to reinstall the Direct X Version, reinstalling and Updating my Graphic Card Drivers. I think im missing out on something on the Driver part side but I really dont know what i can do.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance, FoxCat.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    • FoxCat1337

FoxCat1337 Space Spelunker

Does nobody knows what i could do about this? Or where i could contact sombody directly who could know sth. about this problem?

• MirkyD

MirkyD Aquatic Astronaut

Is the problem maybe that you have Nvidia Optimus and when switching to the new HDD it has somehow switched the game to be running from the integrated GPU rather than your dedicated GPU? It happens every now and then for me and some of my games. Go into Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings and then find RoR.exe on the Program Settings drop-down bar. Make sure the "preferred graphics processor for this program" is set to Nvidia Processor and not integrated graphics.

I hope that solves your problem.