1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Repairing pick axe

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by kazzfire, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kazzfire

kazzfire Void-Bound Voyager

You can't repair your pick axe with iron not sure if you can use anything other then copper on it

2. 5il3nc3r

5il3nc3r Space Hobo

There is no Iron Pickaxe, so it's normal that you can't repair it with Iron.

You're supposed to use the material it's made of to repair it. So a Copper Pickaxe needs Copper Ore (Not Ingots) A Gold pickaxe will need Gold Ores to repair, etc.

3. mark the flop cat

mark the flop cat Void-Bound Voyager

well you can use copper ore on any tipe of pickaxe

4. 5il3nc3r

5il3nc3r Space Hobo

That might be a bug then, because as far as I know, you're only supposed to be able to use the material the pickaxe is made of to repair it.

5. mark the flop cat

well may be cuzz copper dose just as much as the higher ores on my diamond pick

6. Kiiro

Kiiro Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Judging from the game files:
    Code:
    "durabilityRegenChart" : [
        [ [ "copperore" ], 750], [ [ "silverore" ], 1125], [ [ "goldore" ], 1500], [ [ "platinumore" ], 1875], [ [ "diamond" ], 2250]
    I would say it is intentional.

7. 5il3nc3r

5il3nc3r Space Hobo

huh, interesting. I now have a use for all that copper ore I have laying around. :)

8. mark the flop cat

hum yea that's what i do with it

9. octopussoup

octopussoup Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmmm if thats true Ill make my gold pickaxe. Didnt want to waste gold fixing it. I have tons of silver. The copper goes to the refinery

10. kazzfire

kazzfire Void-Bound Voyager

you can use copper on all types of picks
    why make it only selected ores or not fix the descriptions on irons and such?

11. Barbossa

Barbossa Cosmic Narwhal

Perhaps it was originally intended you use the type of ore the pick is to repair it. and iron not working is a bug, since there isn't an iron pick.
    Maybe even using ore on any pickaxe is a bug and you are supposed to only be able to use the type of ore on that type of pick.

either way, it's problem that should be fixed.
    Maybe they should make it so the different ores repair different types.

12. 5il3nc3r

5il3nc3r Space Hobo

Because it totally makes sense to use copper to patch a tool made of diamond, right?

13. 2_Gryphon

2_Gryphon Space Hobo

Well, I know I've tried everything to get it to work and diamond ore will not repair a diamond pickaxe in my game... or any axe.

Copper, on the other hand seems to repair any pickaxe I apply it to.

14. Daedelon

Daedelon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Diamond currently has a bug where only the actual diamond (not the ore) repairs it. So you actually end up using 4 ore to repair a Diamond Pickaxe or Drill. All the others seem to work just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.