1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RenTek: Reni's Armory (Discontinued) v1.5.1 Spirited Giraffe

Add Another Set of Unique Equipment to your collection.

1. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

I've been hearing that since earth fell people been needing to arm up with some big boy toys. Figure since I don't want to let the rest of the universe know where I live I might as well slip a few blueprints to people who ain't too worried about that. They are yours to keep, use and abuse however you please. I'll likely have more on the way if you prove fruitful.

No, don't trust shady dealers claiming to have old USCM tech. Even 1k tech is better then that rig you were using!

2. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Then again, that is the first ship I've seen that could fly through an asteroid field at a slow speed with impunity, if you didn't go too fast and didn't push on anything using the glass dome, you could in theory shove an asteroid around with it. It was a hefty ship, In all seriousness the thing was cut in HALF and the rear section still worked!

Still annoyed it took a week to realize the reactor breached containment, should have noticed something was wrong when all the plants died...

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  3. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

you must be young to have not seen others do it. Hell I've seen ships made from asteroids! ... And made a few to boot.

4. Joneithevius

Joneithevius Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, high knockback would be very fun to use! I'd like the pilebunker to be one of the stronger versions, but it's up to you in the end.

The Piecemaker was basically an oversized ballista that fired large bolts at such at a high velocity that the bolts splintered, basically creating a fast-moving cloud of pain. A golem made it for shits and giggles, and it turned out to be so effective, the army told him to never use it again. So basically like a blunderbuss with a very large range, and a rather dense cloud of projectiles. Likely high energy cost, but hard to miss with it.

On the other hand, I'm concerned what that could do for lag. On Shadowhunter's irradiated third hand, wouldn't it be fun to subject enemies to your personalized danmaku/bullet hell?

5. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I know, I've seen your asteroid ship. On the other hand, with that update that made crops grow when chunks aren't loaded, made the farm sector lag horribly anyways.
    I don't have a third hand, full but painful recovery was successful, but you're forcing the two I have here:
    [​IMG]
    Not something to look forward to is it?

6. Joneithevius

Twas a friendly joke. I hope you make a full recovery, that looks particularly uncomfortable on an avali.

7. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I recovered a while back. When you get torn up as frequently as I do, you develop a knack for rapid recovery. I think I've been doused in lava like what... 12 times? A healthy bit of regeneration is quite handy (home mixed regen stims and nanite packs help too). It's the only reason I look like a handsome devil, and not a charred husk.

8. Joneithevius

Surely that isn't a pompadour I spy, though? Like the rest of ya though.

9. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Pompadour? I don't think so. I usually keep it under a beret anyways.

10. Joneithevius

Ah, beret.

Also, I love the Stalker outfit for avali. Very stylish. Good sense of fashion, you guys.

11. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Heh, thanks, I always try to dress sharp whenever I'm not in combat armor, even then...

12. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I can't wait until the weekend to upload the update to the server, I'm going to go ahead and surprise the players with a Wednesday update I think, I especially liked that new helmet look and the station.

13. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

so in some sense its kinda like firing a pistol that utilizes our ion cannon technology, only it fires the projectiles forwards from the barrel and not that it rains down from the orbiting Ion artillery satellite, only its a impaling death wall firing splinter blasting ballista and not a overkill hand cannon... right? sounds incredibly deadly... also sounds almost impossible for us to design, to a degree... but i like the sound of it all.

Marxon likes this.
  14. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

could be done by using a custom projectile. Projectile fires, splits into a cloud projectile(large collision box). This gives the effect of a cloud of lead based doom without having undue stress on a server(no more then a normal shotgun)

15. Joneithevius

Yes and no. The idea isn't a single large blast, but rather a cloud of projectiles that will hit many times as it passes through... so unless you have that large hitbox hit repeatedly rapidly as it passes through, that kind of ruins the point. It's moreso the idea of a sheer amount of small consecutive hits chaining up and spreading larger the further it goes from you. Make sense? So the further away you are from the enemy when you fire it, the bigger the projectile cloud gets, meaning more hits and engulfing more enemies in one go.

Or if that's too advanced, just stick with incredibly large hitbox from the get-go that deals many hits of minor damage as it passes through the enemy.

16. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

The problem isn't that your idea is bad. it's the limitations of modding and servers. Doing a large hitbox of bullet cloud(fire several of these projectiles at once) is entirely possible. I believe its also possible to have damage fall off as a projectile flies(however I might be mistaken) so you can mimic the whole 'spread=weaker'

once LUA comes to fireables however, this is all null and we can go fking crazy and do stuff like never before. Like have flamethrowers with actual packs!(what? I think small, okay!?)

17. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Now to add to the things that have happened to me:
    [​IMG]
    Heh, don't swim in small pools of water if you're colder than it's freezing point!

RenTek: Reni likes this.
  18. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

ooooor... get better environmental suits to wear so this doesn't happen.

19. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I don't wear more suit than I need to, overdressing is not an Avali thing. Should have let the piece of meat that dropped be...

20. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

Environmental suits stopped being suits since... God, I don't even remember anymore. Survival system. use it.

but we're hijacking this thread again... so with that, I show off HS_elly's interpretation of my flamethrower sprite. :)
    http://puu.sh/8CRRr.jpg
    (just check my album of sprites for reference. should be a few posts up)

Marxon likes this.