1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED RenTek: [Delta] Armoury - [Discontinued] [Delta] v1

Only a New PSA... go read.

1. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

that is a reward drop from the NPC's, when combined with a "Data Chit Of Identification", you will receive an "Identified HoloScroll" that grants an extra reward from a treasure pool similar to those received from the NPC's but with equal to or more units of the reward item, if we allowed people to craft the Unidentified Holoscroll's it would eliminate the point of it being a rare reward that offers a good amount of loot, im sure you can understand that.

2. Dark_Chaos

Dark_Chaos Subatomic Cosmonaut

well hey I didn't say I wanted it craftible I just wanted to know how to get it.
    Holy shit don't get snippy at me

3. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

please don't assume i was getting "snippy" at you for i was only relaying an answer to your question in detail and was indeed not having a go at you, as you had said about that you didn't 't see any way to craft it and wanted to know how to get it, i provided an answer to both sides of the question, one being your wish to know how it is obtained, and second, answering future questions about if it was possible to craft or just a missing recipe, once again i am only providing an answer and not having a go at you or anyone.

4. Dark_Chaos

Sorry it's just my main thing was I wanted to know how it was obtained, I didn't need any of the extra bits, so it really felt like you were talking down to me.

5. Fenrir0Wulf

Fenrir0Wulf Big Damn Hero

So how do I get Static Cells and Phase Matters?

6. Dark_Chaos

They drop from enemies you find on planets.

7. RenTek: Reni

RenTek: Reni Phantasmal Quasar

it is possible to get 2 Units as the Rent from both of our current two NPC's among other things the can reward you with... but as Dark_Chaos said;

8. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

Hey, I'm playing with the Sonic distortion beam/rifle and the Anti-matter nanorifle ( I don't recall correctly the names), but the cooldown on the weapon description should include the delay to move the arms again after firing, no?

Besides, the Sonic Distortion weapon sound effect seems to have quite a high-pitch, not confortable to play with it for too long, not to mention that the alternative fire sometimes kills even NPCs for 998 damage, plus if you use the right button fire, and get out of the screen a little, the npcs/ monsters might get stuck there for quite a long time ( and sometimes get 310 damage or more from the main attack).

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  9. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

the "delay" and loss of your arms is due to the rate of fire and delay, as for the high damage its meant to be that way. But due to the damage bonus given by armor now this also boosts its power, some thing we plan to fix and balance by reducing over all damage output.

the high pitched sound you speak of was purposely added and is not meant to be fun, this "high pitched ringing" known as a kind of stun sound, is a representation of you becoming temporarily deaf due to the weapons "concussive sound waves", which I also the reason for enemys being stunned on right click, left click is a visible projectile, right click I a AOE stun that only damages enemys in the direction you aim.

10. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

Well, I'm using a set-up with almost 600% of output, so the high damage itself is expected, and I know it's meant to be quite strong since the recipe is quite expensive, no problems with that. What gets my attention is that the damage is sometimes bigger than the target's max HP, much bigger. For example : I find four aggressive NPCs all of them with a 310 max HP, I kill one of them with the normal attack, stun the rest, then I walk away briefly so I can cut them from my view, when I'm back one or two of them are still stunned and suffer heavy damage when I use the left-click on them such as 998.

As for the high-pitched ringing the name weapon name gives it straight away , but maybe lowering the decibels or some other attribute would make it more comfortable, should the player use it frequently. I meant this as a suggestion, while the other point sounds like a flaw either from the mod or from the game itself, or simply how the game deals with enemies outside the current camera range.

11. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

Hey @Dilrax & @RenTek: Reni, you've got a duplicate projectile with FrackinUniverse, notably the "swarmmissile.projectile". I've already informed @sayter and I imagine he'll do something on his end (he's great like that) but just wanted to make sure it was mentioned so you fellas were aware :)

sayter likes this.
  12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

its all good. I already fixed it on my end. No need for you guys to worry about the FU incompatibility with swarmmissile.

Luthor614 likes this.
  13. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

Like I said, great like that ;-)

14. RenTek: Reni

Oh Hai Hello, we were off napping at the time so sorry for only replying now, its good to hear a solution has already been worked out though we would have been more then happy to make the change on our end, due for a minor tweak update anyway but we'll be sure to make a slight alteration to some of our items and projectiles that might have a common name to avoid further name incompatibility's with other mods ^^ so thanks for letting us know.

Luthor614 likes this.
  15. RenTek: Reni

Progress has slowed down a bit but that's because were trying something new, gotta patch them errors and make a few modifications.

Luthor614 likes this.
  16. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

We don't know when we will put the next update out, as it may still be a week or two, perhaps longer, but it will include a few minor changes, weapons and some New Interesting Items, here's a Sample for you all, i'll let you guys try and Figure out what these "Things" are and what they Do.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. zachatack24

zachatack24 Void-Bound Voyager

liking the looks from those screenshots! the back slot upgrades will certainly be a welcome addition, but from the looks of things the next starbound update will be revising the protection augments into back slot EPP's with possible upgrades. so i suppose my theory is that we can look forward to these being possible EPP upgrades as well?

18. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

This may include some planned Idea's typically Animations for the NPC's assuming we can get that working, though we may have to change a few things just to incorporate the idea, worth testing i say.
    [​IMG]

19. Luthor614

Luthor614 Cosmic Narwhal

Hey @Dilrax & @RenTek: Reni, do you awesome fellas plan on re-adding that drone you were working on in the previous build by chance? Was some very nice spriting I must say :up:

20. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

it is a plan yes... though in a few attempts around the time of messing about with the NPC's and other AI, i had done a wee bit of work on rewriting its AI but not a great deal as it was partly used when tinkering and trying the LSR, which has its AI issues... the thing i hate most other then animation... x-x
    we don't know when exactly it will be added as were trying to get everything else done and out of the way first, along side testing a few tidbits that pop up on occasion as things happen but it would defiantly be before the v2.0 update which would introduce the Magitech equipment and probably after the v1.5 if not v1.6...

Luthor614 likes this.