1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Reincarnation Through Science!(Gif from tiy)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DawnOfNights, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

Honestly this looks a bit dissapointing to me. Oh well, nothing I can do, people will just continue to worship Tiy and his works. -.-

Zangoose likes this.
  2. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

We can rebuild him, we have the technology!

Gorshum and Alanzer-DNA like this.
  3. Hydrae

Hydrae Cosmic Narwhal

4. wataru

wataru Phantasmal Quasar

Amazing!
    I wonder how is it hard to make such gifs for all races and appearances?

5. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

I'm really surprised at how many people are disappointed by this. How can you not like something that looks so damn awesome? And what other method of respawning would you use that fits into the sci-fi theme of the game? I sure can't think of anything.

6. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

Hmmm.. I wonder how this will work for the robot race..

Dragrath likes this.
  8. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

ah the wonders of the fifth element. giving people a reason to yell from the top of their lungs <3

Gorshum, ammartino, Hirumaru and 7 others like this.
  9. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Truly amazing.I wonder how cloning will look with other races.Robot will get assembled?Now we get in what's called survival.

I'm sorry,I can't hear you over your unconstructive cry.

Gorshum, Xefs, Broseph Stalin and 3 others like this.
  10. Dispersion

Dispersion Pangalactic Porcupine

Giving feedback is a thing you can do.

slightly ninjasamurai'd

11. Rowanas

Rowanas Aquatic Astronaut

I really like it. I suppose you could consider that the culture of cloning is such that everyone understands that having multiple clones active at once is both illegal and a very, very bad idea, like shagging a pig who also happens to be a toddler and your sister. You get the idea. huge cultural taboo, etc. Of course, there will be people who abuse the cloning tech, but they will be subject to the laws against it, and I assume there are systems in place to prevent clones without a registered death signal.

I'd much rather be cloned, with a cloning expense for it and all the gear that it also has to reconstruct, rather than, what? Beamed aboard ship at the last moment, with a teleport fee? Resuscitated onboard ship, despite no time having gone past, and immediately rushing off into adventure again?

EDIT: Adventure. I accidentally typed Advanture, like a spastic.

12. Redheat

Redheat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The chamber looks a bit .... phallic...o_O

Alanzer-DNA likes this.
  13. Rowanas

Good. It's symbolism for rebirth. Hmm, actually, it should probably look like a giant vagina then.

14. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

Perhaps when you come out, the water breaks and you slide out the bottom... Would that suit the symbolism?

15. actualy...I dont think it would work like that

Soup likes this.
  16. Rowanas

Well, if we keep it as it is, we could have the top iris open and you come shooting out of the tip.

+1 H.R.Geiger.

Alanzer-DNA and Rho like this.
  17. or you just get out of it all 5th element style :rofl:...where is my bandage outfit! lol...

Hirumaru, Redheat and Rho like this.

18. Here you go!:p

19. wish that was in the game ! loves me some Lee-loo :rofl:...dont judge...haters))

20. RexMori

RexMori Industrial Terraformer

I think the robots could be "reincarnated" similarly to the bots in portal. :barefeet:

Xefs and Soup like this.