Regarding Release & Beta, What You Should Know.

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Arcadiax, Apr 14, 2012.

1. enemarius86

enemarius86 Cosmic Narwhal

thx, i needed an answer from from somebody who knows what's going on.
    I'm chilled :)... at least for now

2. JasonJ100

JasonJ100 Space Spelunker

I hope they make Hero a Beta tester

3. Kiozuky

Kiozuky Void-Bound Voyager

Some good news after so long... that's good

4. lLelouch

lLelouch Void-Bound Voyager

i'm so excited X3 i wanna play it asap

5. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

am I right in assuming you want this so Hero can make a lets play of the beta? If you are, just to let you know, they won't be giving the game out to be lets played before the release like redigit did with terraria, tbph I've never seen it done before, and I don't expect another company, especially Chucklefish to do it again.

6. enemarius86

enemarius86 Cosmic Narwhal

I'm sure he meant Terraria

7. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

Edited, didn't get much sleep last night, got confused :p Whoops.

8. Freddy

Freddy Pangalactic Porcupine

Man, not having a release date is tough. Its much harder to look forward to seasons than dates for releases.

9. Wayfarer

Wayfarer Orbital Explorer

Ugh, Pbat is stupid and annoying. Give it to someone who isn't an idiot please lol.

10. Wayfarer

Wayfarer Orbital Explorer

I've been looking forward to this game so much since I first heard about it. So excited!!! Ill give you all my money to play!

11. Shanjaisolen

Shanjaisolen Pangalactic Porcupine

Yay! I'm so eager to have this awesomely awesome game on my hands, no matter what it's price is. I even think it's great without even playing it! Maybe 2 of my friends and my brother will want to get it too. Though I can wait any time for it to come out. :rofl:

12. Dragohole

Dragohole Orbital Explorer

I love actually, how the FAQ is served. It's so clean! Got answers on my questions. Peace.

13. PivotDNA

PivotDNA Orbital Explorer

Ugh I can't wait for this game! Me and my friend spent so many hours into terraria and we'll do the same with starbound :) How is multiplayer going to be set up? Is there going be a server browser so you could join any server or is it going be like terraria where you have to input your friends ip?

14. Kurt Abrahan

Kurt Abrahan Void-Bound Voyager

Sounds cool! Can't wait

15. Herowho

Herowho Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not sure that an open beta would be a good idea. I don't know, there's just something about someone LPing a game that you can't play yourself yet that bothers me. I think that the videos that show off different mechanics should be the only videos we see until it comes out.

I really cannot wait for this game, but that's been said a million times and will continue to be said until it comes out. Good thing I have projects of my own to keep me busy until it comes out.

16. silver593

silver593 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I've got 428 hours in terraria. I'm hoping StarBound will give me at least 500 hours of gameplay.

17. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

Notice!
    I'm currently planning a weekly/fortnightly/monthly update video series on Starbound, they will cover all the recent information that has come out in the past week/fortnight/month, and bring you up to speed with all known information. I don't know how long it will be until I have an episode up, but it'll cover most of the major information that we currently know about starbound, and will be up soon, I hope!
    There is a link to my youtube channel in my signature, follow that if you want to preemptively sub to get notified when they first video is up!

18. Mastaf

Mastaf Big Damn Hero

Giving you a trustful sub, hoping it was worth it:)

19. Baloun

Baloun Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All wanted was to throw my hard-earned cash at you guys... All I wanted... .. . You know, I dont NEED public beta, but it would be nice to enable preorder, so that you can work with some more funds :)

20. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

Don't worry, I fully plan on doing it, just gotta compile the information and figure out the best way to produce the video with commentary :D