Regarding Release & Beta, What You Should Know.

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Arcadiax, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Kirisame Marisa

Kirisame Marisa 2.7182818284590...

My favorite Stays Majoras Mask...
    Only problem with that game was when you finished all the Objectives in the beginning of the game in like 7 minutes so you had to wait 3 more days before you could do anything.

2. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

The OP of this thread is out of date.

3. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

I have busy life stuff to deal with, so I'm not overly active here. What's out of date?

4. Redsun

Redsun Void-Bound Voyager

*ties Toady down* Oh yes, we are going to hold you to that >: D lol

5. Toady

Toady Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wouldnt do that... I might like it :rofl:

6. Half-Mod35

Half-Mod35 Space Penguin Leader

Hopefully it gets into STEAM without the need of GreenLight... I mean like WOW theres quiet some games that aern't Greenlit and look very fun!

7. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

I think Tiy mentioned at some point that they wouldn't need to go through GreenLight, so no worries there. :up:

8. olisr

olisr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You wouldn't have to wait for 3 days if you talked to the scarecrow in the item shop or near the observatory.

9. DarkSlayerEX

DarkSlayerEX Big Damn Hero

I believe he's talking about BEFORE you get the ocarina back...Don't think the Scarecrow will help at that point.

10. olisr

olisr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

He does help, that's the point. If you don't have the song of double time just ask the scarecrow.

11. Omega40k

Omega40k Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know if this has been asked yet. But Starbound will be released eventually, right?
    Because whenever a developer says "we have no set release date" I get scared. I don't want to see Starbound be like Duke Nukem Forever or Starcraft Ghost.

12. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

This isn't vaporware, it will be released and as it says in the OP, the current target/hope is to release it before the end of the year! They're very far along now, I'm posting some new videos in the OP that the developers have released recently. :)

13. Omega40k

Omega40k Void-Bound Voyager

Thank.

14. taargus

taargus Aquatic Astronaut

So it seems that this stream requires a password to view. Is this something that someone can share with me? (through PM I guess?) Or, has Tiy decided he doesn't want this footage made public anymore?

15. EaglePryde

EaglePryde Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would like to see this video too. Any word on the password?

16. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

The whole channel is set private, they might be streaming other stuff for just the devs that they don't want us to see. Or they just don't want us to all see that video since there's a lot in it that's not finished.

17. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

Tiy stated that he didn't want that video spread around too much.
    My guess is that it's because it isn't representative of final gameplay, and some may perceive it to be.

18. EaglePryde

EaglePryde Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Allready had such a feeling because such a long video would give away much information and like you said, it also could give a wrong impression. Would have been cool to see it but fully understandable that we can't.

19. Thefirehazard

Thefirehazard Orbital Explorer

Well. I guess it's time to make myself known on the forums then.

20. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

Considering a lot of what I've seen on these forums alone, people did perceive it as such in some cases.