Regarding Release & Beta, What You Should Know.

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Arcadiax, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

I hope Starbound doesn't pull a "Bioshock Infinite" on us.

That game was gonna release the 16th of October 2012. They changed it to February 2013...

I really hope Starbound doesn't do that.

2. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

They have no set release date. They only have a vague time frame that they have stated can shift at any given moment depending the state of the games completion.

3. shcfyd

shcfyd Subatomic Cosmonaut

b-but not very assuring :cautious: i want to play nows :lod:

i wouldn't have minded mc-styled development, aww wells, gotta learn to be all patients like

4. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I'm hoping it comes out sometime between now and February.

5. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

The current word is "Before the end of the year" but given the level of dedication chucklefish have to get things right, it could be early next year. We won't know more until they comment. In an Indie game development team, it's hard to give exact dates, because they work until they're done, rather than work to a deadline.

Toady likes this.
  6. TuefelHundenIV

TuefelHundenIV Cosmic Narwhal

Which for us in the end is a good thing. They get more time to develop the game and iron out bugs and issues. The only thing I wish they would do is show us more of what they are up to. We have some decent info but Tiy dropped into the big info thread and advised us quite a bit of the stuff in that thread might have changed or will be changed by the time they release.

7. Filipfonky

Wouldn't it be funny if it comes out when everybody forgot about it?

8. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

No, it would be turrrible! D:

Toady likes this.
  9. Sham

Sham Spoony Bard

That is never going to happen.

Auraknight likes this.
  10. Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

this is great thx, love that it anwsers most of the noob questions a get asked, i'ma just start linking them here instead of trying to explane..

11. Arcadiax

Arcadiax Guest

Great, glad it's helped :)

Auraknight likes this.
  12. Zombeano

Zombeano Void-Bound Voyager

ahhh, thanks, this should help clear up a lot for those newbies out there

13. Redsun

Redsun Void-Bound Voyager

lol I hope it doesn't (well kinda I do hope I will explain) that it pulls a Legend of Zelda Twilight princess... It was delayed for about 1 year! But I kinda don't mind it being delayed because it will be EVEN BETTER then, so I am battling my self mentaly, Want it now with very good content and some bugs or wait longer and get EVEN more content with even LESS bugs... It is a very hard battle I feel but I have many other things to occupy me atm, like the new pokemon and minecraft, and soon basketball so I think I will be able to hold off for quite a bit longer... But for how long though....

14. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I don't get the mind set of waiting longer so it will have more content and less bugs. The game is going to update for at LEAST a couple years after release, probably longer if they keep to what Tiy has said. There are going to be content and bug fix updates. To me, it's almost no different if the game came out like right now and an update came a month later with the stuff that was going to be in if the game was delayed a month.

It's probably just the feeling people have of the game being more completed, which I don't have :notworthy:.

15. Toady

Toady Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Lol i find the fact that people are questioning this so much that its funny. It will come out when it comes out, The devs have probably finished the game by now and thinking "we should release it when they stop asking" (Meanwhile 200 years in the future) :rofl: But either way im sure it will be by the end of the year, dont hold me to that haha.

16. Filipfonky

Yeah, i get what you're saying. We can't have everything.

Too bad Twilight Princess wasn't as good as advertised though.

17. Kirisame Marisa

Kirisame Marisa 2.7182818284590...

If anything Twilight Princess was BETTER than advertised.

Zombeano likes this.
  18. Filipfonky

Anyone has their personal tastes, i guess.

I just found the Wolf levels extremely boring and annoying. Especially because you had to find all the "tears".
    They were bad, and there were too many of them.

Also the fact that the game was trying so hard at being dark.

19. Kirisame Marisa

Kirisame Marisa 2.7182818284590...

In my opinion The Silent World in SS was worse...

20. Filipfonky

They were both pretty bad levels.

Not my favorite Zelda games either.