1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Red door won't open on Apex story mission

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by DualBall, Jul 27, 2017.

1. DualBall

DualBall Space Hobo

• What happened? Every time I play the Apex story mission, I can't progress after I first reach the mansion because the first red door won't open.
    • What were you doing in the game at the time? I was simply playing through the mission like anyone else would.
    • Whether you were able to trigger the bug again by repeating what you did. Yes, I was. I tried going through the mission faster, watching the rebels kill the miniknog, and even avoiding the treasure. Nothing worked.
    • Your operating system name and version. Not really sure. This isn't an issue with my computer though, so it shouldn't matter.
    • Are you using any mods? If so, which ones? Nope. Just the regular 1.3.2
    • Whether you're in full screen or windowed mode. Full screen.
    • If the game crashed, attach (or link) your error logs. No error logs.

2. V_Lucens_1000

V_Lucens_1000 Space Hobo

I'm having the same issue.

3. V_Lucens_1000

V_Lucens_1000 Space Hobo

Ok, I just killed my character (again) by standing on the barbed wire, let the respawn go through and the red door was open already. Weird, but yay!

4. mynamejeff

mynamejeff Space Hobo

You just have to open the door to the right and the red door should be open.

5. Airos

Airos Big Damn Hero

I repeated these steps and got the same results. Thank you for this.

6. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

same thing just happened, except suicide didnt help. had to use admin mode to remove the door to progress lol.
    if anyones having the same issue:
    /admin
    /settileprotection 0 false
    here you remove the door
    /settileprotection 0 true
    /admin

also whats weirder is that the door worked perfectly fine before

jman44525 likes this.
  7. Flyjohnbeijing

Flyjohnbeijing Void-Bound Voyager

I think I figured out the problem:
    So the red door is connected to the big door to the left, and whenever you open the big door an apex npc comes and closes it.
    Basically just keep the door on the left open and you will be fine.

Chloerina and Ankali like this.
  8. RidonTheBlueAvian

RidonTheBlueAvian Void-Bound Voyager

It's a very problematic issue, Flyjohn there is right. The door Lana opens is connected to the red door (for some odd reason). A very dumb thing to deal with if you have the automatic doors mod, but if you just open the door like normal (pushing E, then staying away from the door if you have the automatic doors mod), you'll have no issues.