Recordable Music Boxes

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by F-ranko, Jul 8, 2013.

1. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

Alright, so we've already established that you will be able to make and play music in Starbound...
    But what if you made a particularly impressive display involving several people with different instruments, and you want to show your friends? You could play the song over again, but what if one of the original band players isn't on?
    My solution: Recordable Music Boxes. All you would need to do is right click the box, and it would pick up any music from that moment on, to be played at will. even better, what if this recording was saved into the game's music files to be played from any music box? Maybe it could even be rigged to record sounds outside of music.

Any thoughts on this?

2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

how about it saving the file that plays the music? you know? so you can install it to your save and play it in your single player/multiplayer worlds!

4. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

If the game works the same way as Terraria, then you'll be able to keep the music box on your character and just transfer it to another world as your character.
    I see what you mean though. Being able to place that music box an infinite amount of times would be useful. Added to the OP.

5. BluPixelz

BluPixelz Aquatic Astronaut

I wouldnt think this is a good idea, because some recordings could be some hate messages,

6. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

Seeing as how the music boxes would only record music coming from instruments, so I'm not quite seeing how someone could record a hate message.
    Although, it's the same problem that naming items would have. For every game with customizable content, there's always going to be someone who will name their sword a "Penis" and then flaunt it around people.

7. BluPixelz

BluPixelz Aquatic Astronaut

But then how can the box detect only music from instruments? Unless you are talking about instruments that are in game?

8. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

That was the whole point of the music boxes. To record instruments from in-game.

9. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

I AM DA NECROMANCER AND I WILL RAISE THIS THREAD FROM THE GRAVE!

But seriusly I like this idea, you get my upvote (y)