1. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion Ranked Matchmaking (POLL)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Dainank, Feb 7, 2019.

?

Would you like a ranked matchmaking system?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dainank

Dainank Space Hobo

Hi!

Just curious how much of the community would be interested in such a system or whether the majority would rather keep this game casual. A ranked system could, however, introduce leaderboards and possibly profiles which is always interesting in games like these! I understand that Chucklefish also made an announcement stating that they are currently using hidden MMR to analyze if it is effective and might in the near future introduce a ranked system.

You can only see the results after voting in order to reduce bias!

• Netherlord

Netherlord Void-Bound Voyager

Even if there won't be any significant reward for achieving a high rank, I'd still like to see a ranked system. It would encourgae more competitive people like me to feel like they're getting some aknowledgment for their efforts.

Captain Rage likes this.
      • Dainank

Dainank Space Hobo

Exactly so! Climbing up a ladder over time feels far more rewarding than any leveling/collection system.

• SchwaAkari

SchwaAkari Space Hobo

I would love some leaderboards. I could absolutely see myself playing this game competitively for several days each week.

Though, the multiplayer turn timer bug (and other various bugs) need to be eradicated first. I've arbitrarily "lost" a handful of matches during Quick Match the other day due to being given only 20 seconds to take my turn instead of the usual 120.

• Dainank

Dainank Space Hobo

Yeah! The bugs should be fixed soon since the developer stated that he is focusing on them now. Hopefully, after most detrimental bugs are fixed, such a ranked system could possibly get implemented.