1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Random rows of crops dying?

Discussion in 'Support' started by CattMann, Mar 16, 2018.

1. CattMann

CattMann Space Hobo

Sometimes either individual crops or entire rows will all die and turn into other plants that I've never seen before. The ones that seem to die together have always been planted on the same day. I've had entire greenhouses all die and turn to this, but I never took a screenshot.

Here is a screenshot of my Winter Seeds dying for no reason. As you can see, I have a scarecrow placed and sprinklers to constantly water them. The ones farther to the right were planted a few days later, and didn't die.
    https://i.imgur.com/ZGP1LxA.png

Anyone have any idea why this happens? As I said before, it has happened both outside and in the greenhouse multiple times, and they always have sufficient watering and scarecrows.

UPDATE: The next day, all of the crops that were alive the day before are now dead.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    • One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

The crops in that picture are fine, they just look like that while they are growing. Honestly, the first time I also thought they had died

FYI, none of the seasonal wild seeds actually need to be protected by scarecrows, they are immune to being eaten.