1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Random planets crash while exploring them

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Dragon_sissiy, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Dragon_sissiy

Dragon_sissiy Orbital Explorer

Still running into this issue. :(

2. dashmaniac

dashmaniac Void-Bound Voyager

Hi i had this problem till i launched starbound from
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32

instead of the launcher it seemed to work and still havent got any crash so far

3. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Tried launching starbound_opengl.exe from win64 and win32, still crashed both times when I went on a planet that wasn't the starter world.

4. Sandling

Sandling Subatomic Cosmonaut

On one planet, in multiplayer, we were all crashing in a specific spot going down a tunnel - That is, up until we had read this comment and tried it all using the non-64 bit, OpenGL client. And tada, none of us 3 crashed any longer!

Related however, was that we 'also' were not crashing anymore at that spot after I had moved one of my additional monster parts mods out - Whether or not the mod is to blame is hard to say, as by doing so the monsters are generated with different parts/paremeters again, that is until I put the mod back in place.
    However, it does likely mean that the bug is related to 1) Multiplayer, 2) 64 Bit client and 3) Monsters ?

5. Dragon_sissiy

Bump[DOUBLEPOST=1423270794][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah seems like it, however no matter which client we use it ends up having the same issue

6. Mayoko

Mayoko Subatomic Cosmonaut

this happens to me only on 64bit client, it didn't do this last night

7. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

For me, it doesn't matter which client I use, 64 or 32 bit, OpenGL or Direct X, it always crashes when going to planets that aren't the starter world. Every time. If it doesn't immediately crash apon beaming down, I'll be able to spend a certain amount of time on the planet, sometimes it's a few minutes, sometimes it's less, but consistently, eventually, every planet I go to that isn't the starter world will crash my client. I've discovered this is an issue with clients, as it does not happen to the host. The world files themselves appear to have nothing to do with it, it's odd that it doesn't happen on the starter world though.

Have any of you with this issue had crashes on the starter world? As I've said, for me it's the only planet I'm able to go to.

8. Dragon_sissiy

No problem with the starter world or starter system for that matter. It's after we leave those, that we started experiencing that issue.

9. Andr0o

Andr0o Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm getting the same with my friends, they get the error in their .shipworld files though, makes it impossible to play online. I can still access the server just fine, none of them can.
    It seems they don't crash on new characters, even after relogging. Doesn't seem to matter how they launch the game.
    Edit: I just got my first crash from this error while playing on my server, on a desert planet.

Here's what the logs are saying:
    Code:
    [15:50:22.329] Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [15:53:06.742] Error: Exception caught in client main-loop: (NetStatesException) Extra data at end of NetStepStates::load!
      000000000022CBE0
      000000000022CB10

[15:53:06.744] Info: UniverseClient: Client disconnecting...
    [15:53:06.863] Info: Client received world stop packet, leaving: Removed
    [15:53:06.871] Info: closing TCP Socket 0.0.0.0:0 - 192.168.1.74:21025 (1168)
    [15:53:06.872] Info: NetSocket read loop shut down: (SocketClosedException) Socket closed
    [15:53:06.880] Info: Renderer destroyed
    [15:53:06.880] Info: Application quitting!
    [15:53:06.881] Info: Client shutdown gracefully
    [15:53:07.044] Info: Shutting down Star::Root

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  10. rx7raven

rx7raven Intergalactic Tourist

Currently experience a crash on one world in my starter system. I'm running Windows Server 2012 R2 to run the server. The client is being run on OSX. I'll post the logs in a few. Been trying to fix this by messing with the world file to no avail.

Edit: Here is the starbound.log file from the client. Just like everyone else the server show's no issue, just the client disconnecting.

I can't post the log file :( not allowed and can't post links. It's on paste bin.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  11. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Just use the (code) bbcode tag to post it here.

12. rx7raven

rx7raven Intergalactic Tourist

Tried that too, it thinks there is a hidden URL in the code.

13. Chu

Chu Void-Bound Voyager

Some of my friends recently got this error too. Primarly on snow planets. Client-side crashes with this:
    Code:
    Error: Exception caught in client main-loop: (IOException) Failed to read full buffer in readFull, eof reached.
    Wonder what it may be?

14. CrimsonGiraffe

CrimsonGiraffe Phantasmal Quasar

I think you need to have at least 3 or 5 posts to be able to post links (even if they're not actually links :p), it's an anti-spambot measure.

15. This is part of severe problems with the server software the developers will have to fix, it's not helpable.

16. Talonj

Talonj Aquatic Astronaut

Oddly, the one time I encountered this problem, simply trying over and over again eventually fixed it. I think I might have switched clients, but I don't think that actually worked, since I was still crashing after.

17. nic572

nic572 Void-Bound Voyager

this is an issue for me too, my client randomly crashes, sometimes when joining other peoples ships, and sometimes when interacting with a planet in some way, like walking to the left too far, or beaming down to a planet just to get a crash log,

please fix multiplayer chucklefish producers, it needs work