1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Generation

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sci-Fi Diplomat, Sep 15, 2013.

?

Do you want plants to be randomly generated?

Poll closed Sep 25, 2013.
  1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    63.8%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Doesn't particularly worry me

9 vote(s)
    19.1%
  4. Maybe

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. Sci-Fi Diplomat

Sci-Fi Diplomat Phantasmal Quasar

I managed to do up a couple of combinations using the random generator. I improved upon what I think is "earthy" colours for an alien planet. I also made a couple more shapes for the fruit to increase variety.

I also made a random flavour generator so that characters will comment on the flavour of the fruit to increase immersion. Without further ado, I present a a small taste of the variety this system can generate:
    Fruit colour.png

2. Cirom

Cirom Cosmic Narwhal

Wait, so if they do already exist.. they won't be awesome? :p

This actually sounds a pretty neat idea. And that random fruit generator posted above.. that actually sounds pretty awesome.

If this actually gets added, I think that each planet should have 5~10 "local fruits" which grow on the planet, which should reduce the potential inventory overflow. You can take the seeds and grow the fruit on other planets if you need to.

Sci-Fi Diplomat likes this.
  3. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Looks cool.

I wonder if it might be a little to far along in the designing process though considering most of the crafting recipes are done and have set fruit and plant types already.
    Such as the Tropical Punch recipe made from Pussplum, Pineapple, Kiwi and Avesmingo.
    Kind of like wood and dirt where they toying with the idea of variations of each, or one set type that can be colour changed when building.

I like the idea, but think it would be mod material