Modding Discussion Random Events

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Tovias, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Tovias

Tovias Void-Bound Voyager

So, my apologies if this has been asked and I am too arsed to look for it properly but, I've been wondering how possible will be in the future to add our own Random Events, i.e Settlements, Dungeons, Spawns, etc, on the game?
    For days I've been just dreaming about a mod that adds some Starship Trooper fortress here and there with some heavy Bug spawns everywhere. Or maybe a mod that adds Space Marine drop-pods falling and, depending on you being human or not, attacking you.
    Stuff like that.

2. Quixotic

Quixotic Big Damn Hero

Depends on what you mean by random. If by 'random' you mean you would like to inject Dungeons to be used with the dungeon spawn system, then yes- that is possible currently. If by random you mean you would like them to actually be random, as in some players that visit a planet will witness some events and others will not, that would be a bit trickier.
    Try downloading a dungeon mod and poking around in it.

3. AliasXNeo

AliasXNeo Void-Bound Voyager

You can make custom dungeons, and random events are coming down the line from what I can see. At least, random in that they happen in one world and not another.

4. metaspy

metaspy Void-Bound Voyager

When he says random events, it reminds me of Terraria's invasions or meteor impacts - they aren't random but they do happen every so often