Railroad cargo and passenger service bundle

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cabbagefermenter, Jun 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. cabbagefermenter

cabbagefermenter Void-Bound Voyager

I don't often go to the railroad area and like other suggestions would also like to have a way to help Pelican Town more in the game.

Cargo service:
    I would like to be able to buy cargo service at the railroad so that when I place my items in a box there I can ship them and get 10% more per unit (minimum of 100 units) than I would selling them at the Farm or at Pierre's.

Passenger Service:
    I would like to be able to buy passenger service so that a few random tourists come to town with a bit of dialog. The player could give these tourists gifts to improve how much tourists like Pelican Town. Also there could be new dialog from Harvey about having more people in the clinic. Gus, Marnie, Clint, Pierre and Willy would have improved business. Gunther's museum would have more visitors. Leah would have customers for her art, etc.

Perhaps this could be done by going to the mayor's office in the repaired Community Centre, donating 500 wood, 300 stone, 100 iron, 50 hardwood and 500,000g . (or something)

Tzarina8472 likes this.
    • Tzarina8472

Tzarina8472 Void-Bound Voyager

I always thought that the train was either a tease or a waste-not sure which. What you suggest here is awesome, and I want to see it happen. What could also be neat is getting on the train yourself and going to 'other towns'. You might have to stay in a hotel if the train stops and it's not come back to Pelican Town. Unlike when you take the bus to the desert, the train engineer isn't just going to wait around for you. As for 'other towns', it could be the market is better at some places for certain things than others, or possibly a way for the dev team to demo other games in it.