Modding Help Race Creation - Getting to the weird stuff?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Sheez, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Sheez

Sheez Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why hello there you devilishly ravaging mod community. Have you done something with your hair? I love it. Fabulous.

I'll cut to the chase. Race creation, especially following the guide set up here is fancy. It is fancy pants. But I want to do more. I want to stud those pants. Bejewel them, if you will. I will make the fanciest pants. To do that, I have a few burning questions:

Let us posit that I wish to create a smaller than usual race. I'm operating on the assumption that there's a file somewhere that indicates the coords to show head/arm/body frames. Is this accurate? And if so, where is this file? Does this also contain the necessary information for rendering equip locations, like guns and armor? Can I edit these or redirect without screwing the other races over?

I assume collision is held elsewhere? Any ideas where?

Let us also follow the previous assumption with the idea that my race's body will be nonstandard. Rather than having odd, floating armor is there a means to add a check to the equip of armor so that I can have it check a variable (such as race) and then unequip the armor if the check fails? Or prevent the equip in the first place?

2. Dr. Toros

Dr. Toros Existential Complex

There is a penguin race mod that has managed a smaller than normal body type, I'm sure you could look at what they did. I don't believe there's any way to restrict equipping armor as of yet, so on that front I think you'll have to wait.