Modding Help Quick and dirty prerequisites question

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by slowcold, Sep 11, 2017.

1. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm looking through the ursa miner shop files, with plans to modify them for my own use. Some items in the shop are off limits until you complete various missions - example:

{ "item" : { "name" : "tungstenbar" }, "prerequisiteQuest" : "human_mission1" },

I like this mechanic, but was wondering is there a prerequisite attribute for learned recipes in the vanilla code? I want to do something along the lines of:

{ "item" : { "name" : "volume1.codex" }, "prerequisite" : "tungstenbar" },

or do I have to mess around making quests as well? (not that that would be terribly painful, but I like the idea of not cluttering up the early game with a load of quests.)

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Give "prerequisites" a try.

slowcold likes this.
  3. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

You could also patch in a "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" tidbit that makes it so you only learn the recipe for volume1.codex when you craft or otherwise obtain a tungsten bar.

slowcold likes this.
  4. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

Tried both singular and plural. Didn't work. :(

Were hoping to make these items (mostly codexes for the species history and lore, but some other things too - including, eventually, a teleport to a secret base) to be buyable only, but also buyable by any species that got access to one of these communicators who is at the right tech level. Also am trying to make the items that show up in this shop to be buyable with gems (sapphires, rubies and emeralds that I've patched in and am balancing now) rather than pixels. The species is heavily gem and precious metal oriented in terms of it's economy.