1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions on Planets/Starmap

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by EaglePryde, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EaglePryde

EaglePryde Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Planets:

Will every planet have a planet core and will we be able to go down there?
    Will those inner planet layers also look different for different planets?

Starmap:

Is it a visual representation of a Galaxy where i can choose a tiny dot to visit it?
    Or is it a multilayer map where i have a Galaxy and can choose a Sol. System and see it's planets where i can choose on what planet to land?

I know that info is sparse atm. but if anyone digs something then let me know :)

2. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

1. Probably
    2. Yes, every planet will be different.
    3. From what I know, you will type the coordinates of a planet to travel to it. (But that means there will have to be a different way to find new planets... maybe a button yes press that just takes you to a new planet?)
    4. no :(

Hope I helped :)

3. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

Will every planet have a planet core and will we be able to go down there? Probably, it is a planet, and every planet IRL has a core, so I wouldn't see why not. But nothing's been confirmed about it. :(
    Will those inner planet layers also look different for different planets? Of course, every planet has it's own look and appearance. Tiy said the chances of having the same planet twice is less likely than getting hit by lightning.
    Is it a visual representation of a Galaxy where i can choose a tiny dot to visit it? No, you can enter random numbers of coordinates, and than (i guess) once you've been to those coordinates/planet you can pick wich one you want to go to.
    Or is it a multilayer map where i have a Galaxy and can choose a Sol. System and see it's planets where i can choose on what planet to land? No.

4. tedlil

tedlil Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm just wondering... Will be there any option to look at planet before heading there? I mean something like that:
    1. Type coords
    a) It will show picture from space of that planet so you could see if it's water planet, snow or somethin else,
    b) It will type basic info about it like size, type, ~amount of resources, animals etc.,
    c) Your ship (or other machinery) will scan fragment of planet and show it as a screenshot from surface,
    3. Then you could decide that you want to travel to this planet or not.

M C, LastSuicide and Techgamer like this.
  5. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

We don't know yet but would be really awesome! :up:

6. tedlil

Which one? 2a, b or c? :D

7. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Most coordinates won't lead actually to a planet (just like real life.) So you won't be able to just randomly punch in planet coordinates.

Aviakio, Breather and blind sniper like this.
  8. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

I think 2b + c would be best :)

tedlil likes this.
  9. Vargus

Vargus Big Damn Hero

I imagine planets having different interior levels, including the core. Some planets could have a core made of a rare material that you need. Never know till we get the game :) It would be up to you to kill the planet for its core, or let it live. lol

tedlil likes this.
  10. tedlil

That's very interesting :D i hope we will knew more about core of planets soon ;)

11. Vargus

Vargus Big Damn Hero

Thanks man. I think its a cool concept, however I am just speculating lol. I can't wait to hear more about planets; heck the game in general.

12. tedlil

Oh my god :speechless: i though about "dark side" of your idea. If any griefer will get on your server he could destroy every planet! :notworthy: but if only admins could disable this option somehow for not trusted people it could be very good idea to implement to game! :up:

13. Rekalty

Rekalty Friend of the Night

14. Vargus

Vargus Big Damn Hero

I was actually going to post the same thing. I remembered reading about something similar, and I just found the thread. Great minds think alike I suppose :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.