1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions Concerning the Glitch

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kirstern, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Kirstern

Kirstern Void-Bound Voyager

I have a few questions concerning the Glitch (playable race) in Starbound and how I should approach writing about them.
    1.) What era of "Medieval Times" are they most likely in/close to?
    2.) How accurate should I be when writing about the Medieval times?
    3.) Would an unaware Glitch know that there are other races?
    4.) Would the Glitch use heliocentric charts or geocentric charts?

I sure do hope that this is the right forum.

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Here is my answers regarding to your question.
    1. It is the middle ages, it is obviously between the early and late middle ages. I think it is when the crusader happen, and also when the Teutonic Order erase many pagans in Europe.
    2. Well, I think there should be something about the story of a kingdom. How they rise, how they enter a time of prosperity, and how they fall. Or maybe, about a heroic knight that become the savior of his people. Or again maybe, about a malevolent leader who fall after his people rebelled and revolted against him.
    3. I guess they know about it. Because they know what is human, floran, hylotl, etc. If they don't know about it, how could they greet us cordially without any extreme suspicion. One of them also mention that they notice the destruction of Earth. They also know that the Protectorate are exist.
    4. I think they will use both. The heliocentric charts for when they explore the space, you know when they need to go on diplomacy with the other races, or just for some adventures, while the geocentric charts is just for mere decoration or their hobby, or for the map of their planet (even though it is not a hundred percent accurately).
    Those are my answers, if you have more question, we will gladly help you.

3. Kirstern

Kirstern Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for answering my questions! Have a great day!

4. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

You're welcome, and have a great day too.