Modding Help Question about how to handle internationalization releases for SMAPI mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Digus, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

I'm currently adding support to internationalization on my mod and I'm having some questions on how to release translations on nexus.
    Should it be part of the main file? Should it be released as optional files or miscellaneous?

I initially thought of releasing translations with the main file, but it's already not a good idea.
    It's delaying the next version release to the point I already decided to skip it and release the pt translation later. Then, it would make me release a new version of the main file with stuff most people won't need.
    It would also be bad when other people want to contribute and me their translations. I would have to release new version just to add it without testing stuff. If people report bugs to that translations, again, a new version would be needed to stuff most won't need.
    I looked for how people handle translations on nexus but could not find anyone doing it.