1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Quest "Initiation" bugged.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Xylia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

So I started a new playthrough on Steam PC, and I got to the part where I'm supposed to kill 10 slimes in the Mine.

The first day I was able to go to the Mine, I went down to Floor 10 (I needed coal for the scarecrow and the game was refusing to give me coal).

The next day, I went to the mine again after getting the mail from Marlon asking me to kill 10 slimes to join the adventurer's guild.

Went to the mine, killed a bunch of slimes and decided to check my progress.

"0/2 Green Slimes killed"

I was like ".....wut?"

Killed a couple more, and nope. Still 0/2 despite me killing probably 8-12 of them.

Screenshot:

[​IMG]

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

FOLLOWUP:

Apparently for some reason it wants Rock Crabs. I opened the save file and noticed it mentioned Rock Crabs next to the <quest> tag for that quest.

SO, on a hunch I went to the mines and killed a Rock Crab. It went from 0/2 Green Slimes to 1/10 Rock Crabs.

*sigh*

That's going to take stinking forever to get that done, because said crabs are NOT plentiful by any means.

EDIT: That was before today's update. But since I already have the quest on me, and there's no way to abandon/drop/cancel quests, I'm probably stuck with it.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

If you want to upload your savefile; I can try and fix it.

I did a quick test on a new game under the latest beta build today. It still errors a bit on the "how many I should kill". It says 6, but when I kill one it resets to needing 10. But, it does give me slimes; as the target.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Nah, it's OK... I have 7/10 now, so.. with any luck, another 15-20 trip should do it. But thanks for the offer! It's also nice knowing that I'm not the only one with the problem.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

There we go. Finally got it done, I had to run clear down to Floor 29 before I got the last 3 crabs (4 of them on one floor lol).

But hey, I almost have the bug head weapon already, 103/125 kills. haha.

• MysticTempest

Haha, nice!!

• femdelacrem

femdelacrem Space Hobo

Hi! Is it possible you can fix mine? I am having the same issue but I tried to fix it by making the quest complete in the save file but it didn't let me into the guild :/

• MysticTempest

Sure, just zip up your save and upload it here.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

This bug has been in the game for a long time and it apparently remains unfixed - it's now affecting Switch owners.

@Chucklefish/Sickhead Games, can you fix it please? :)

Thanks.

• HimbeereEsser

HimbeereEsser Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I'm not sure if this thread is dead or what but, I have a problem where no matter what monster I kill, slimes, rock crabs, flies, demons, nothing is filling adding to the total monsters needed.

• MysticTempest

Hey HimbeereEsser, if you're on PC; you can zip up your affected save. Follow this guide for their locations: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves
                        And, I can see about repairing it. Or if you wanted to do it yourself, the quest data for that quest would have to be replaced with a working version. You can find a copy, on my old post here: https://community.playstarbound.com...est-bug-and-qi-quest-bug.135408/#post-3193591

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

You'll find that due to this old bug the Slimes total is irrelevant - what instead happens is that the total to be killed is whichever monster you first killed. Usually it's Rock Crabs - are these showing up at the bottom of the Quest instead (below the 0/10 Slimes Killed)?