1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed PS4.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by KHCloud, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

WOW you didnt like the GC
    man i feel sorry for you, GC had like every best nintendo game ever on it
    Marioparty4, Metroid Prime, everyzelda but handhelds and SS, Kirby Air Ride, MKDD, the best verson of soul calubur2, ect
    the 2 pokemon games were ok,

totallybob likes this.
  2. xepherys

xepherys Void-Bound Voyager

I guess... Metroid Prime was cool, but it didn't have the gritty feel of the original title. Mario Party is, well, Mario Party. MP4 or MP2 or MP6^3 it's just like Mario Kart. Ok, maybe a LITTLE different, but still. Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door was good as well, but there have been better Mario games, such as Paper Mario on N64. But honestly, I even SAID that I like the Nintendo-owned franchises, I think they make lousy hardware decisions, and lousy hardware, and don't offer nearly enough support for third-party. Watered-down versions of AAA titles on the Wii, and likely on the Wii U, CoD: Ghosts being an outlier. That coupled with awful support for indie devs, especially in 2013 when indie games are all the rage (and rightfully so, for the most part). Nintendo has just come unhinged, in my opinion (and I'm not the only one).

If I could get Mario on PS4, I'd be there in a flash.

Benjamin Bridges likes this.
  3. Benjamin Bridges

Benjamin Bridges Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Without third-party support a game console may as well be called a failure. The Wii was a massive commercial failure because it had amazing hardware penetration, but nobody bought any games.

4. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Oh what twisted logic... they were even the same price. Yet you still seem to believe for some reason or another the Wii is some abomination. It's okay, against your opinions it rocked the sales of it's generation. I'm sorry, 100 million parents bought this simply because they didn't want to buy a PS3? Right, keep telling yourself that. This is also why the majority of gamers I see on Live and PS online are kids right?
    No, they don't rule the gaming market because those simply can't even be called real gaming devices. You know why I bought my phone? Do call people, yet I supposedly contribute to the Android gaming market. Did you also forget about the PsP though? The DS ruled all through that generation- and guess what? Even the Gameboy ruled before it over any other. The Vita may revitalize itself to some extent after the PS4 is brought up well... but I doubt it'll ever match the 3DS- your speculation doesn't seem very sound. The 2DS is awful, but that doesn't change much for the 3DS's market and sales right now.
    So, have you played a Wii U game yet? You're saying that nothing is focused on the TV? Tablet features are merely an addition to base game to begin with, of course they're going to show it off since it's the new feature. Does this make it a tablet gaming device all own it's own? No, it's a bloody controller with a screen. The PS4 controller has a touchpad on it, oh hell... does this mean it's pulling in gimmicks of IOS who also use touch to play games? No.
    Please, other companies shaft Nintendo. And for that matter, why would they ever pull their first party titles to other consoles? You don't seem Microsoft porting Halo do you? But that's because you assume that Nintendo will get more profit if they do this? Again since the Wii rules the sales of its generation, I don't think they have to do anything. They stopped caring about what you needed? Or you just seemed to get different tastes? What exactly haven't they been providing, retro graphic platformers and 3 handel controllers? Again it just seems that for whatever reason you don't like them now. As I get older, personally consoles as a whole probably won't be that relevant as I could care less about them. Again though I don't see Nintendo losing any relevance in the realm of gaming in 10 years.
    Strange opinions upon illogical people, loudest group doesn't mean the biggest. Ohhhhh man, if you really want me to list off those games I can.
    Zelda Wind Waker
    Cell Damage
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Mario Party 7
    Mario Kart Double Dash
    F-Zero GX
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Riders
    Animal Crossing
    Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
    Donkey Konga 2
    Eternal Darkness
    Super Monkey Ball 2
    Paper Mario
    METROID PRIME
    Metroid Prime 2
    Resident Evil series
    Pikmin 1
    Pikmin 2
    SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE
    Starfox adventures
    Star wars rogue leader
    Luigi's Mansion
    Zelda Ocarina of time
    Pokemon Gale of Darkness
    Kirby Air Ride
    Super Mario Strikers
    Mario Power Tennis
    Geist
    Splinter Cell
    Metal Arms

Maybe a few others I may have missed... it's been a while. GameCube is easily one of the best Nintendo consoles solely because of the games.
    Of course it has nothing to do with MM, because it's not a rehash. WW HD is a remastered version which really doesn't support your argument at all of Nintendo living off of rehashes... which they really have very few of.
    Again I state, there's only so much they can do with a cartoony racing game- but I'd love to hear your innovative ideas. People playing Mario Kart for the first time probably don't have any qualms.
    Please, don't use the excuse of assuming other other person won't listen to cover up for not actually having anything. I also own a PS2, Xbox, 360, and PsP, try not to make any more assumptions will you? I shall be enjoying my Nintendo games as well, but don't let that deter you from believing Nintendo shall fall- oh goodness no... god forbid you be swayed from your silly deductions.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  5. Legacy95

Legacy95 Void-Bound Voyager

Perhaps, but can you give me a link for Nintendo's indie policy? I haven't seen any so far. I guess your argument is invalid. :/ Also, games can be ported over a matter of two days or less; Nintendo has introduced a special devkit which allows developers to easily port their games to Wii U, just like PS4 and Xbox One. :)

6. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

What? I was never giving an argument... I was just trying to answer your question... From what I've heard it's harder for indie games to be accepted by Nintendo than other companies. If it is in fact as easy as you say, then it's a very recent change by Nintendo to help boost their consoles that are out.

Servilus likes this.
  7. MrHiggle

MrHiggle Existential Complex

You missed ssx 3...shhh.

8. Legacy95

[quote="Evangelion, post: :scissors:[/quote]

Well, obviously, yes. Nintendo must of have, they have a huge amount of indie titles on the Wii U.

9. darkdomino

darkdomino Title Not Found

Nintendo has been losing users for a while now. Everyone knows it, even nintendo knows it. Most major developers like Rockstar and Bethesda don't even consider Nintendo when they release their blockbusters.

When entire segments of the most talented game developers in the industry say that they have no plans to develop for your console.... You're in trouble.

And no, relying only on antiquated first party franchises is no longer a recipe for success. You need to have BOTH now.

Nintendo will hit a tipping point. It's just a matter of time. You can only make so many Zelda games before people start moving on.

10. Legacy95

Hey bud, you know that, even if Nintendo dies, you can't kill them off, nobody can. Even if you blow up their headquarters, people will still support them.

11. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

THis entire thread just jumped off topic like it was 1999

Heartstrings and Jonesy like this.
  12. @KHCloud
    So yeah, I guess you have your answers now.
    I think a PSN codes are very unlikely to happen at the moment since the game (probably) isn't even being developed on PS4 (yet).

Oh and to others please keep the Nintendo etc talk private or make a chat thread for that :p

13. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

To be honest I didn't have SSX 3 haha, but I loved the one on the PS2.
    To save from going more offtopic I'll just target this portion. Every Zelda title they make is amazing and really so much different from the last one, if one series had to go on it would be Zelda. I think you could point your rehash targeting on much more obvious series... uh, COD? Fifa? Battlefield? GoW? EA Sports games? and god so many others.

Now for the on-topic bit. I would highly doubt we'd get PSN codes for purchasing the beta and PC game, I mean I don't even have a PS4/Vita so I'd just give mine away.

Active Link and MrHiggle like this.
  14. Legacy95

You got a Xbox 360/Xbox One or Wii U? I has a Wii U. And I'm proud of it! :cool: Back on topic, there will be no PS4 version, it has been confirmed there will be a Xbox One version instead. :cautious::whistle::proper:

15. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

I have both a 360 and a Wii U, I mentioned that in one of my earlier comments.

16. Legacy95

Oh right, xD. How's your Wii U? Mine is great and I should be getting SM3DW tomorrow. :DD

Active Link and Evangelion like this.
  17. totallybob

totallybob Big Damn Hero

I'd like to see you throw a ps4 controller into a wall out of rage and still be able to use it perfectly.

18. Legacy95

It depends on how strong you are, not what the PS4 controller is made out of. Let's see you rage over dropping a Wii U GamePad within 30 metres in the sky. :)

19. totallybob

totallybob Big Damn Hero

I'm thinking the point of my post was lost on you.

20. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

I forgot what this thread was about, reading through these posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.