1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Project Starlight - Starbound Server Extension - Player Commands, Admins and more! - Open Source!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Opalium, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

Firewall allows incoming connection from 21020 to 21030.

2. w00lly

w00lly Master Chief

Hello,
    when I run the Starbound server with the Starlight script at the beginning everyhting works fine. But once I logged out the error occurs: When I log back in, I only see black and the gui. I can't move around or interact, if I try, my client crashes. When I delete the worldfile for the planet where my ship is in orbit, I can log back in normally and play again. But only until I have to log out again. If I try playing with the "vanilla" server script it works fine. Any pointers to what's wrong?

3. NakashimaKun

NakashimaKun Pangalactic Porcupine

Your configs look fine. Is there any errors that appear on the long when connecting? Also what port are you connecting to 21020 or 21025?

Do you get any errors in the console?

4. w00lly

w00lly Master Chief

Unfortunately no, it just says "World loaded: "

I'll try to give every file chmod 777 tomorrow and test it with that set, but that shouldnt be the problem, since everything is executed by the user that owns the files.

5. NakashimaKun

What have you set in the starlight config file and have you got a motd bigger than 45 characters?

6. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

You can tell the listening port is on 21025.

7. NakashimaKun

Whats your server IP address

Edit: Found your server.. Apprently its 'full 16 players'

8. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

I'm using Icer for now, Starlight doesn't work with me.

9. NakashimaKun

I could send over my working server minus the assets folder if you'd like see if that might work? As my server is purely vanilla running on windows 2008 r2 like yourself.

supernet2 likes this.
  10. supernet2

supernet2 Existential Complex

can someone post their longest running server with this console? Once i bring mine down at 1am for maintenance, i might switch over to this one for 24hours see how it handles.

11. Seriallos

Seriallos Space Penguin Leader

I would love to know the data structures for the handshake and chat send to potentially create a web->game chat interface for CommandStar

12. NakashimaKun

I've had a server running for around 5-6 hours with no issues.

supernet2 likes this.
  13. Stadl0r

Stadl0r Contact!

I've tried a few things but still get this disconnected player issue. Seems like it only happens when users are added to admin

14. shibdib

shibdib Starship Captain

Might switch over to this tonight

15. sshado

sshado Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible to whisper players that have a space in their name?

16. supernet2

This is the exact errors that are server killers for me, and if i dont catch them within the first 5-10 minutes, its near to late, and the server systems already on the verge of lockup/freeze up.

Edited to preserve the peace

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    Kaillera likes this.
  17. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

You gave me an idea just now. This can be done with our nifty .bat

supernet2 likes this.
  18. supernet2

19. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

To bad you cannot hash the client assets. In theory you could hash the server assets and win32 and check them against the client, but that would require a client mod. But would prevent cheaters or modded clients.

supernet2 likes this.
  20. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

supernet you were a genius man,