1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Prevailing Romantic Customs Among Species

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FakeGeekGamerGirl, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

that is the most interesting part! because there are similarities! look the apex and human! in most fan arts the apex look like a bearded human!

2. CmereSweetHeart

CmereSweetHeart Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hard hylotl x avian sex

3. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Kuex no!! we don't even know if Hylotl copulate to reproduce!

4. CmereSweetHeart

do it anyways

then everything goes black

the hylotl and the avian wake up in a large room entirely made out of some sort of metal

sudenly the room starts filling up with water, what is happening?

A heat, a strange unknown heat is boiling the water, their skins melt slowly, it burns, it hurts, theres barely any room to breath

two hours later

they're both dead

inside a floran's stomach

this floran

was me

5. Nibolas O Anelbozas

I wear a floran skull everytime i destroy an entire village! floran are like a plague and no one else see that, only the Hylotl! you're a plant, you belong on ground, let the civilized and superiors flight in the cosmos!

6. CmereSweetHeart

I wear an avian skull

All day

Every day

7. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Savage...my people biggest mistake was let the ship fall in your territory

8. Lazer

Lazer Existential Complex

The game isn't going to address sexual stuff, so you guys can just make up whatever you want if it's important to you that the little videogame people have sex, OP.

9. Nibolas O Anelbozas

It's not just about sex, it is about love, that thing that make you cry and eat chocolate!

10. Lazer

*quotes every cmeresweetheart post*

11. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

I wouldn't suggest taking the rambling of an insane floran seriously. But still, lets hit that topic change button, shall we?

Talking about chocolate... would chocolate giving be considered offensive for some races? Like, what if it has a different meaning and all?

12. Nibolas O Anelbozas

it depends by whats the meaning, i think that for humans is the metaphorical for "sweetness" and "I spent my money for you". Avians have weak digestiv system so maybe for them it could be a little les affective? idk

13. Lazer

Hyotls don't like sweets, which is messed up!

14. CmereSweetHeart

I only bear the finest of posts

15. Ekoto

Ekoto Big Damn Hero

Id like to imagine floran mating like praying matis.. someones going to get their head bitten off...

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  16. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

But hmm...why the head?
    For most earth higher species with heads, the heads are where all the central nervous system connect to, and also where most sensory organs are located. Attacking it and decapacitation is a very fast way to kill something dead, like, really dead. And I think in tribal cultures that has ritual cannibalism, the head is also considered the house of the soul, and to consume it is to consume the essence of the one you are eating (just something I think I read in the past, don't quote me on this stuff, gotta search on that some other time). We can see that a lot of importance has been placed on the head for most life on earth.

But what about an alien like floran? We cannot know if they share the same physiology with earth creatures. Would their brains be in their head? Are their eyes really eyes? Do they have a heart? All those things, combined with a xenoculture, can means whatever ritual they have, it might be very different, with importance placing on some other body parts for sacrificial demands. And what they consider romantic could also be different. You can't really say lines like "Your eyes are beautiful like stars" when their "eyes" are actually advanced heat sensory organ, while their real eyes are hidden somewhere else. "I love you from the bottom of my heart" wouldn't work either, if they don't pump their sap through an organ similar to a heart.

Maybe they will not desire a head on a plate for their mating rituals. Or a heart. They might want seed pods. And in other species' terms, they want.... - you know what, I will stop myself here.

17. Ekoto

Ekoto Big Damn Hero

because praying mantis... the female eats the male... head first... the male actually has a second brain in its.... *cough*.... or atleast somewhere around there...

18. Nibolas O Anelbozas

in my country we have an expression "Thinking with the other head" i think that applies to that

Ekoto likes this.
  19. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Chocolate would not be appreciated by the Hylotl, unless it's unsweetened dark chocolate. Hylotl tastebuds are "backwards" compared to humans - they enjoy savory and bitter foods, and find sweets distasteful or repulsive. The only exception to this is reefpod, which despite being so sweet that other races find it iffy, Hylotl love it.

I'd imagine sharing tea or a home-made lunch with a Hylotl would be seen as far more romantic than giving chocolates. You might win some points with reefpod candies, though.

L. F. Oxidizer likes this.
  20. Treldent-02

Treldent-02 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think i'm half way there, then...
    Untitled3.png
    Now i need to find a Floran village...