1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Prevailing Romantic Customs Among Species

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FakeGeekGamerGirl, Feb 27, 2015.

1. CmereSweetHeart

CmereSweetHeart Subatomic Cosmonaut

a shank a day keeps the floran away

2. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

So I was away from here for a while due to having to write a paper...and this thread is surviving with 3.7k views and 260 replies. I gotta say, people are either reaaally curious about how intergalatic romance works, or they are just looking for starbound slash fic here.

3. CmereSweetHeart

or are all attracted to my overflowing handsomeness

4. L. F. Oxidizer

L. F. Oxidizer Pangalactic Porcupine

Floran X Hylotl R34 confirmed.

5. CmereSweetHeart

It already exists

and it makes a while of that

6. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

But what do penguins do for romance? You know, aside from destroying civilizations together?

7. FakeGeekGamerGirl

FakeGeekGamerGirl Big Damn Hero

Tummy-sledding and romantic site-dives, probably. Also gifts of whatever rocks they can find because birds.

8. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

the penguis dominate the entire black market on the galaxy! Rocks? pffft they must give diamonds

9. FakeGeekGamerGirl

FakeGeekGamerGirl Big Damn Hero

Perhaps the guy selling us ship upgrades had a boyfriend who reaaaaaally loved diamonds. ^_^

10. Nibolas O Anelbozas

And also, o noticed that you're only considering the fact that the avians are birds, and not their Aztec/egypt culture, did you searched how it did work back then?

11. SoopaDerpcat

I'm going with Egypt over Aztec, haven't met anyone who wants to sacrifice my heart to a giant snake in the sky yet.

...except for a few penguins here and there of course, but that's to be expected.

12. Nibolas O Anelbozas

the same same with jumping the tower dude

13. Ryumaru

Ryumaru Big Damn Hero

Has anyone given any thought to how the different cultures view interspecies relationships?

Given the sheer number of lines for Avian villagers to hit on your character, regardless of species, I think it's safe to say that they don't really frown on it. Or perhaps they don't mind brief affairs, but look down on actual interspecies marriages. "Sure, hit on those weird alien people however much you like, as long as you eventually stop all that foolishness and settle down with a fellow Avian."

Apex are probably stuck with Apex for the most part. Again, Miniknog involvement likely keeps them from having much choice. Rebel Apex might actually prefer dating outside their species as an act of rebellion.

I feel like Glitch are in a similar situation to the Apex, although... given how Gltich villagers will hit on NPCs of various species, and they're just following the role given to them by the hivemind, maybe the hivemind just doesn't care who they fulfill the role with.

"Today, you are going to be the flirty village maiden. Just... hit on whoever comes through. Yeah. That'll work."

... makes me wonder just how lonely whoever made them was.....

14. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Avians are okay with other species, when they first acknowledge about sentient life form (it were the glitches btw) they were all "Cool! other intelligent life!"

CrimsonGiraffe and Captain Karo like this.
  15. SoopaDerpcat

All I know is those humans are pretty hot.

The way that their mouths and noses are separate protrusions is so strange and exciting to me.

16. Nibolas O Anelbozas

[​IMG]

17. SoopaDerpcat

I know, I know, I'm a weirdo.

But their skin is so smooth.

18. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Just like my BEAK!

19. SoopaDerpcat

Well, MY beak is starting to get a bit of stubble.

20. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

Floran like human. Human nice to Floran.