1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Pre-Payed Amex Pre-order Problems ;__;

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Missingno The Sixth, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Missingno The Sixth

Missingno The Sixth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tried a pre-paid Amex w/ PayPal on my phone and it said that the "bank" denied the card. Don't think that it should have made a difference though.

Tried Google Wallet while on my computer. First time it said that the current payment method was not valid. Second time it gave said to update my card and that it put my order on hold.

I really want to pre-order Starbound.

wat do ;__;
    EDIT: Everything is resolved. I just tried it again (third time's a charm i guess) in google wallet and it worked ( or so it claims o: )

2. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Let us know if you have any problems.

3. Missingno The Sixth

So it seems that Google does this thing where they "temporarly" (or so they claim. we'll see) charge a dollar for authorization. this brings my card one dollar below the amount for the pre-order package I wish to purchace. I am probably not able to add extra money to this gift card. For now I'm just going to have to wait (oh noooooo~~~) until the dollar for the authorization is returned to the card.

If I am still having problems after I hopefully get the dollar back for "authorization", will there be a way that I can still pre-order without having to deal with this authorization stuff?

4. OmnipotentEntity

From http://support.google.com/wallet/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=105940

So if you've added a gift card to your account. As long as it's still in your account it ought to be fine after the $1 transaction expires. But if you don't have an account then you won't be able to use it via Google Wallet.

5. Missingno The Sixth

Ill' report back in 1-15 days then.

6. OmnipotentEntity

I should point out that the length of time that an authorization remains on your account is actually dependent on your financial institution (the bank behind your card), not Google.

Generally, the turn around time is very short, but Google gave a very long tail on the distribution because a) some banks are jerks, b) it's completely out of their hands to get it turned around faster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.