1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Pre-order Withheld

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Pelican, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pelican

Pelican Starship Captain

Hey. I'm new.

I finally decided to pre-order this game; it was on my radar a few months ago but fell off until recently, and now it seems almost ready for beta and hopefully will be on Steam (very important to me). I won't say the bird race was what first made me consider this game, but I do want to play an avian character.

After doing some more research and considering the pre-order tiers, I tried to buy a diamond-tier key. It isn't often I trust something enough to pre-order or kick in extra support, so don't let me down, Starbound.

I first tried PayPal. The account hadn't been used for a few years, I guess, and it was flagged for extra security despite having nothing retrievable in the account. To prove my identity, PayPal wanted a full bank account number, which sounds shady as all Hell, to an account that was merged into a different bank five years ago. Of course being back at the family estate for Thanksgiving, I don't have my old papers. In retrospect I should have just made another PayPal account, but instead I tried Amazon, which I've used to buy things more recently.

Unfortunately after confirming my payment, Amazon decided to flag my account for manual security review without explanation. So, I don't know if the internets will actually let me support this game. Did anyone have this experience with Amazon before? Will the purchase go through in 24 hours, and then I have to figure out how to input my NPC name and such?

2. Pelican

Pelican Starship Captain

Well, I got a phone call from someone working for Amazon to confirm the order, and it went through shortly thereafter. I could get my forum badge and all that. There is still the issue of not being able to indicate the gender/species your NPC name is intended for, but that can be addressed in another thread. The initial problem has been solved.

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Recently, someone found out that if you submit your NPC name followed by the gender (e.g. Susan (female)), that will be accepted. Not sure about race, but you can try something similar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.