1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Pre Order Refund.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by MasterCreate66, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apozor

Apozor Orbital Explorer

Hi ! Instead of creating a new thread, I will use this one for my question.

Is there a time limit to ask for a refund ?

I've just received the newsletter telling me Chucklefish will fail to deliver the game in 2013. I've pre-ordered the full game and I don't really care about the beta. Will I be able to ask for a refund after the beta is out ? I won't use it. If the beta last one year and the game is only out in Q4 2014 (or even after), I won't be interested. Should I ask a refund now ?

Thanks !

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Pre-ordering still gives you access to the full game. You could just leave it, and still get the full version when it's released. From what's been said, the price will be higher when it launches than during pre-order, so it's possible you're also saving money.

But if you decide to still want to, a mod will help you out further.

3. If you would like a refund please contact rewards@chucklefish.org with the email you used to buy the game.

4. Apozor

Apozor Orbital Explorer

Thanks for your replies. I'm aware of that but I don't want a refund yet. I will ask one if I believe the full game won't met my expectations (gameplay, features, release date etc.). My question was about getting a refund after the beta is out, but before the full game is released. As I said, I don't care about the beta, it's not what I bought :)

I bought it believing I would be able to play in 2013, I understand creating a game is complicated so I'm willing to wait a bit more, but if at some point in 2014 the game is still not released, I will ask a refund.

5. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

They've always been saying the full game would be released in 2014, not 2013. Why does it matter to you if you play the beta or the full game anyway? If they just called the beta the full game, you'd be satisfied ai? Cause it's nothing more than a word, it has little to do with the gameplay. (Other than a couple of bugs, but that's to be expected from pretty much any game)
    You can go ahead and ask for a refund, and they'll probably give it to you because their cool like that, but you don't really have a good reason to. Especially if you're going to play the beta. That's like buying a chocolate bar, eating it and then saying "I didn't like this chocolate bar, refund me."

Jonesy likes this.
  6. Apozor

Apozor Orbital Explorer

1. That's not true. They said the full game would be released in 2013.
    2. I'm not really sure you know what a beta is.
    3. Don't be judgemental. You obviously haven't read my posts, I said I don't care bout the beta and won't play it.

Jonesy, Symphony and Vanishing like this.
  7. Symphony

Alright
    Well for #3 you're right, I assumed you were just being spoiled and saying "Im gonna play beta but I dont care about it, I WANT MY FULL GAME". So I was wrong there.
    Beta is still going to be incredibly enjoyable, which is why I don't understand why you care whether you get the full game IMMEDIATELY.
    And they definitely haven't said full release in 2013 for at least a quite awhile.

I just don't understand whats with people in refunds with no logical reasoning. You don't have a badge, so I'm sure you got pixel tier like me. I mean we bought the lowest possible cost for whatever reasons. My reason is that I'm broke but wanted to help as much as I could. They deserve that measly 15 bucks AT LEAST for all this work, and they're still delivering the game to you.
    But whatever, I guess humans are humans. So carry on mate

8. Apozor

Apozor Orbital Explorer

They maybe haven't said it for "quite awhile", but I don't follow the development as closely as you. I've learned it today when I opened the newsletter.

I don't want this thread to turn into a 'debate' about the development of the game, if they deserve $15 or more but I have a logical reasoning. Furthermore, I don't want a refund yet, I was just asking IF I wanted a refund at some point, will I be able to get it even if the beta is out ? I just want an answer.

9. Well, you most likely wont get a refund during beta.

10. Symphony

As Sloth said, you probably won't be able to get one once beta releases. If you decide you want a refund after all, you'll need to get it over with soon I would imagine.

11. REDACTED.

12. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

What about the third question?

DotBeta likes this.
  13. Symphony

No, yes, maybe and ask again later.

WoxandWarf and Jonesy like this.
  14. ...except me...

WoxandWarf and OmnipotentEntity like this.
  15. Yes, no and yes.

;)

16. Symphony

Maybe, batman symbol, 11 and eastern Canadian Caribou.

Jonesy and DotBeta like this.
  17. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

YOU KNOW WHY????

'CAUSE I HAD MY TRAY TABLE UP!
    AND MY SEAT BACK IN THE FULL UPRIGHT POSITION!
    MY TRAY TABLE UP!
    MY TRAY TABLE UP!

AHA HA HA HA
    AHA HA HA HA
    AHA HA HA HA
    HAAaaaaaa....

18. tadejcek007

tadejcek007 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why so much hate? They want to make best game possible and if this take a little more time (its not like 1-2 years. its just couple months) i don't mind. This is their job. Its job like anyother. They also have families and need some free time too. Also I'm tired of half made games because developers rush to get game out in time. I rather wait and have very good game than game that came out few monthes erlier and its full of bugs. I still support developers of Stourbound because i want this game to success. While i'm waiting i will just play something else.

Active Link and Sarzael like this.
  19. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

The community isn't really filled with haters. We have our fair share of disagreements but we are mostly being civil about them. The subject of beta and pre-orders has been particularly heated from the i49 festival, but once again, we aren't really hating left and right.

20. strikerjuice

strikerjuice Void-Bound Voyager

It looks like you got your hands full, OmnipotentEntity. :I

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.