1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Post here if you are an XP user crashing at Chucklefish logo.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Suhr, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SugarShow

SugarShow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Big done Sammy, you've saved the game for xp windows users in the most important week of the game. Also the game works now after delete sdl and verify.

2. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Verifying doesn't work for me, I had to uninstall the game and delete the folder just to be sure. Then I reinstalled and it launches fine but now I have easily 10 less frames per second constantly.

3. Jounk33

Jounk33 Space Hobo

Okay, Starbound works for me ...now.
    I've never use Sammy's fix.
    It seems there are no issues with the new update. No lag, no crashes, so far, after 3 hours of play with WinXP SP3.

4. Vergial

Vergial Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, after verifying my files, things seem to be working nicely. I'll report in with crashes if (as) they happen.

5. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

The big update did'nt fix anything

I'm getting loads of access violation errors now :( looks like it's time to go back to Sammys fix

6. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Did you read the previous posts about verifying or uninstalling and reinstalling completely? You need to make sure that if verify does not work, you completely remove all SB files from your machine then reinstall the game from scratch.

7. NightFire

yea i know lol i just got it to work im trying to delete my stupidty on other places

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  8. Milavelo

Milavelo Big Damn Hero

This latest update is armageddon for me, personally..

Using Sammy's fix, I had perfect FPS.

With this update, and no Sammy fix, it works BUT... the FPS is unplayable now.

Why? I tried using One Core Affinity, Standard & OpenGL, High Memory Priority, all of it.. ugh.

Don't bother about going back to Sammy's fix either, it won't work at all now with this new update it seems..

There goes any chance of me continuing to play, I guess..

:cry:

Jewman likes this.
  9. Vergial

Vergial Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Finally had a crash myself. Unfortunately, no real popups or access violation errors. Instead, it did that shrink-yo-screen-and-have-it-bug-the-frik-out. I was exploring what must have been a Glitch ship/facility on my home planet, got murdered by what my Avian called "Hey, free crafting materials!", then when I respawned it wigged out. I had died a few times before hand (a bat THING pooped goo at me, which promptly LAUNCHED me into the air high enough that the landing killed me outright. It was AMAZING), so it's likely it was a typical crash of sorts.

Wish I had a popup or something to report, but hey, progress is progress.

10. Kanedork

Kanedork Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you crash or quit, do you have any problems getting back in? Namely, the chucklefish logo not appearing and gasping instead of chuckling?

Siiiigh, I guess it might be time to do the whooooole redownload thing. :(

11. NightFire

Ugh same with you guys
    The new update works but the framrate is unplayable

12. Blackspawn

Blackspawn Tentacle Wrangler

Just tried the Direct X version. Played it for two hours or so. Runs better than the OGL version for me now, while before the update it was the other way around. Only drawback is that the Direct X version allocates much more RAM for some reason and takes a lot longer to load.

Anyway, no problems here. No crashes and ok performance on a crappy machine. :)

13. Chira

Chira Subatomic Cosmonaut

oh really o.o?
    why dosnt runs it for a few friends of mine who having noly net framework 3.0 o3o
    i have a few friends either who dosnt really cares about java updates at all and it dosnt runs for them aswell

the best proof i had is, i tould a friend to update his java and getting his netframework up to 4.0... suddenly his starbound worked after he did that X3

holy please get a new pc? cuz i have only fps drops when i enter those ape dungeons <.< play in a lower resolution or so

and i have only a 512mb graphic card srsly :zzz:

14. Blackspawn

Blackspawn Tentacle Wrangler

Yes, really.

15. NightFire

Lol i'm getting a new laptop
    I'm a little worried though i think it might not last until 2017...

Either way AC:BF can run on high with it so i'm not complaining
    so if I'm correct Starbound should have no problem running on it... mainly since i overkilled the RAM amount but either way
    My only gripe is that is runs on windows 8 ughhhhh

EDIT:
    So I tried Starbound... the non OGL version.... i did notice less lag here and there but right when i get on my ship i get BOMBARDED and i mean BOMBARDED wiht multiples on multiples on multiples on multiples on multiples on multiples of errors starting from access violation ending in stack string line

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  16. NightFire

(i feel as if this deserves a new post)
    There was a new update if anyone noticed

I havent seen any issues yet so.... yea report back if you guys have any issues

17. Xenoprophet_Nail

Xenoprophet_Nail Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My only issue is a resolution change when beaming to a planet with steam community on.
    It zoomed in and then the screen got garbled then it booted me to desktop. I doubt this is an "Xp only" bug though.. Hopefully it'll get squashed soon enough.

Edit: ANOTHER UPDATE!?

18. Big_macinsocks

Big_macinsocks Space Hobo

NEw update brings the error back

19. Chira

Chira Subatomic Cosmonaut

haha yes, i have that sometimes when i open the starmap, i just want to open the planets and stuff and suddenly BAM the game shrinks down to the lowest resolution it can get into and after i leave the planet/starmap gets starbound completely screwed up and i have to restart the game xD well idk how it will be after thecorrent patch, i still downloading it X3. i hope the travel from planet to planet is fixed aswell X3

20. ferdi66

ferdi66 Space Hobo

both big update and sammy's fix doesnt work for me,
    no matter i open the game by starbound.exe or opengl, its only popup the error sound effect, but not the error window,
    i dont even know what exactly error that i had on my win xp sp3, there was no error message for me to read.
    i cant verify the game with the sammy's fix, uninstall and reinstall the game doesnt help,
    im looking for some help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.