1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible New Race Themes!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Zosimus, Apr 15, 2013.

1. azarga

azarga Big Damn Hero

This. I will trade fish-race for reptilian race in a heartbeat.

2. Xail Jaderune

Xail Jaderune Void-Bound Voyager

If I had to choose over everything I like. I would have to choose the monophytes. They're the most unique and original, and offer a diverse culture and possible style of gameplay. I understand the opposition to the cat races and the lycans, as the characters wouldn't feel much different than playing a human with nekomimi. Because the way the gameplay works your tech tree defines your bonuses. So it's important to have a race with a well thought out culture that will allow your play experience to be dynamically different than the other races.

An idea that I would love to see play out would be Celtic elves. As it is closest to vikings but allows you to play with many time periods. It doesn't have to be elves, but the Celtic lore is part of my heritage, so I would derive much personal enjoyment from playing that race.

3. Two Shot Joe

Two Shot Joe Void-Bound Voyager

4. Sunako_Kirishiki

Sunako_Kirishiki Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ghost/Necro Race:

Have no legs (hover as if they had legs)
    skeletal/shadow/cape and cowl figures
    stronger at night
    Gothic building theme
    bonus to sapping and poison ablitys
    EXTREME weakness to holy / fire attacks
    ability to see in the dark
    slight stat loss during day

Two Shot Joe likes this.
  5. skaree

skaree Astral Cartographer

I wouldn't mind seeing an insect race. Something that looks like a praying mantis or maybe even a beetle of some sort.

6. Mango art

Mango art Starship Captain

What I want to see, is a humanoid bat race that could be sworn enemies with the Avians. They could get a seeing in the dark bonus or perhaps some kind of bonus relating to flying, and perhaps have a sort of ancient celtic/druidic theme.

7. Manman179

Manman179 Phantasmal Quasar

what if there was an option to change what theme a race could have. (an example would be a Novakid with a tribal theme or a Sci-Fi Glitch)