RELEASED Portraits Mods by einari [41/41 ALL Villagers done]

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by einari, Mar 10, 2016.

?

I'm curious... Which Haley in my style do you use in game?

1. Normal Haley

2. Haley with less lips

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. FluffyGoo

FluffyGoo Intergalactic Tourist

I'm completely new to the modding community and I'm running into some difficulty.
    I can install your portraits and see them all as .xnb files on my computer in my downloads file.
    I went into the Portraits folder under Stardew Valley and deleted the .xnb files that were there and copied in the ones from your mod.
    When I try and open the game then, it loads up until I click on my save file and then it completely crashes.

Perhaps you can help where I went wrong?
    I've tried to find a forum tutorial on just installing mods but all I can find is tutorials on editing them.

Thanks!

• einari

einari Space Spelunker

Re-Install your game and don't delete files, just replace it :D
      And don't worry about your savefiles, it will ask you first if you want to keep save or not
      Hope this will help you :casper:

• totorochan

totorochan Space Hobo

I guess I experienced some kind of glitch.. :(
        I downloaded the Sebastian makeover, and put it into the folder. The old one I renamed Sebastian_old.xnb - but when I start my game, Sebastian is just GONE. I search him everywhere, wait the whole day for him. He doesn't show up once. So I changed back to my old portrait, he is still gone. So I had nothing to do but play the day and went to bed, and then Sebastian is back again (with the old portait) .. any suggestions? :(

• dandandan03

dandandan03 Tentacle Wrangler

Hi ! I just want to say Thank you :) for making this portrait and you're awesome for making it, I stopped searching for others after using your's!! :) lol.

And just wanted to report a game crash, whenever Maru's 4 heart cut scene trigger or I enter the hospital room . ( it's this scene.
          the game shuts down/ turn off. I kept all of your potraits xnb file to the game execpt Maru's (Maru_Hospital.xb), I have to change it to vanilla to make it work (Maru_Hospital.xnb). I don't know maybe its just my game:/ ?

• Landwalker

Landwalker Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not at home so I can't check directly, but shouldn't both files be .xnb? If yours is a .xb, that might be the problem (and would certainly explain a game crash).

• dandandan03

dandandan03 Tentacle Wrangler

OMG, well That's embarrassing lmao. yeah... I Just went to check the file name, it was .xb instead of .xnb. I Don't know how I missed that X3 (I went full retard.... never go full retard). LOL thanks for fast Replay and help again you're awesome!!.

• radynaraya

radynaraya Subatomic Cosmonaut

may i request about leah hair>_<? instead of braid, ponytail and front hair like this?
                City-Shrouded-Shadow_03-31-16_005.jpg

• 0boko

0boko Phantasmal Quasar

holy cow i love how dwarf and krobus look! if.. it isn't too much to ask for, can you make separate ones just for them? (or at least dwarf, his dialogue sprite just looks goofy to me).

• Serenity01

Serenity01 Space Spelunker

Thank you so much einari for all your hard work and dedication to make a complete set of stunning Stardew Valley character profiles <3 There is so much attention to detail in each one, and it really improves the aesthetics of the game! I especially like the Wizard and Witch hehehe.

I'm not sure what your capacity to accept requests are but, only if you have time, I just have one suggestion :oops:. Would it be possible to design an Alex that is a little more...muscular? He is my favourite bachelor, and in the game he is a gridball (football) player so I imagine his face and neck are a little more filled-out or square/rectangular? Your rendition is very charming, this is just a minor observation!

Thank you for your time :)

• Expired Coupon

Expired Coupon Space Hobo

I tried to use this mod today because the portraits look amazing, but I hit a snag. There are 2 missing files for "Dobson" and "Josh". The game crashes if I try to use this portrait pack. When I revert back to the originals, it works fine.

UPDATE: I kept the Josh and Dobson files in the folder and the mod works.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
                      • Landwalker

If you just overwrite the existing files in the game's Portraits folder instead of deleting them all, it should leave the Dobson and Josh vanilla files intact.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Interesting. Though, really, this can be remedied by not deleting the original Dobson and Josh portraits. ...Though you will have those two inconsistencies.
                          Hm, maybe the OP can spruce them up quickly enough?

EDIT: Wow, what timing does that ninja above me have. That was like a difference of 3 seconds

• Landwalker

Amazing what one can accomplish while sufficiently bored at work. :p

Nurio likes this.
                            • GBDetective

GBDetective Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for these portraits. Your art is beautiful, and you finished ALL the portraits-villagers and NPCs too--so fast. Like you do, I could not use a portrait mod until it replaced the whole set of portraits with the same style--thank you for doing the whole set! :kitten2:

Also thank you for drawing requests/alternate versions! I use Abigail v2, less lip Haley, sprite hair color Maru, new hair Penny, and Jodi and mustache Harvey facing left. I love all your other portraits too. Leah is so kind and natural looking. Your Sam is excitable and very expressive (and has much better hair). Sebastian is just so bishounen.<3 Marnie is such an adorable plump gal. Robin looks like someone who knows how to have a good time. Your Major Lewis is a cute old (Mario) man. Vincent and Jas are just little darlings. And Pam, Emily, Linus, Willy, Clint, and Marlon are all great too.

All of the portraits are so good! Now I just could not play the game without your mod. :3

• mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

That Maru.. Now I have a really wicked thought of having adultery relationship with her..

• BlankSlater

BlankSlater Space Penguin Leader

Do you mind if I do a let's play with your art? I'll link to this topic in the description.

• Brokei

Brokei Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I just want to say: Thank you so much for doing this! Your portraits are my favorite so far! Thank you so much for sharing and keep up the good work! ^^

• EmmaLVV

EmmaLVV Space Spelunker

I'm so in love with these! Thank you so much Einari!

Question though...Does anyone know if there's a Maru sprite that looks like the No_glasses Maru? With the pinkish hair and no glasses?

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

What do you mean by this? The one provided in the download has the pinkish hair, right? (And you can choose whether you want the one with or without glasses)
                                        I first thought you wanted the brown hair without glasses, so I had quickly put that together...

Do note that I am colorblind, so I may have missed a few spots? If anyone tries this out, can they tell me if I did in fact miss a spot?

Attached Files:

• EmmaLVV

EmmaLVV Space Spelunker

Ah, sorry! I meant I use your pinkish hair Maru without glasses portrait, but I was wondering if anyone had made a sprite that looked like the portrait that you'd done! Since the one in-game has brown hair, not pinkish like your portrait (which I prefer).

More choice is always good though, so I'm sure someone wanted the brown haired Maru without glasses! :)