[Poll] Who did you marry/plan to marry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yusuke Urameshi, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
?

Who did you marry/plan to marry?

1. Alex

2. Elliot

3. Harvey

4. Sam

5. Sebastian

6. Abigail

7. Haley

8. Leah

9. Maru

10. Penny

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jumboshrimp

Jumboshrimp Cosmic Narwhal

He seems like the manliest guy out of everyone in term of look. I'm not a fan of long hair, so Sebastian and Elliot are already out. Sam looks like Goku. The choice is basically between Harvey and Alex, and it just basically comes down to what they said before I married them. Harvey is cute and adorkable, I love when he rented an air balloon to surprise me and get all shy and scare while flying up there. Alex is very overconfident and knows what he likes. I doubt he could go pro. His overconfidence was basically a mask to hide his own insecurity, knowing he could not make it. I imagine Haley and Alex got married, Alex failed at going pro, got a job at Joja mart or something, Haley spent all of his money on clothes, I could already see Alex and Haley become the second trailer family on the block. :p . He said that after going pro, he would take care of me, and it was just so sweet so it just seals the deal for me. Even after married, he said that he wants to lift weight to look good for me, so he puts in efforts in the marriage in his own vain way. He's a bit vain, but I like jerks, what can I say?

Trifoilum likes this.
    • idiotequed

idiotequed Aquatic Astronaut

Alex has hidden depths! He comes off as shallow (as does Haley), but as his heart events go along, there's quite a bit there.

I'm still leaning hard toward Harvey (I'm waiting for the patch), but Elliott gave him a run for his money. I'm still the odd one out for most of Stardew-fandom in not being as inclined toward Sebastian or Abigail (though I liked that she, unlike most of the others, was much more direct and already blushing at 8-hearts, even without a bouquet). I still don't want to take Maru from her work. Hard to get interested in Sam or Penny, though I feel badly for Penny. I like Leah! Just not as much as the good doc. Harvey's 10-heart event was fantastically sweet.

Poor Harvey. I'd speculate that it's his mustache that has him so low, but given the many mods that have fixed that, I guess not. (Then again, if Shane was available, even my glasses preference might be threatened...)

• Jumboshrimp

Maru will continue to work as a nurse, Sebastian will continue to work as a writer (not that he has to do anything as a write), Harvey will also continue to work as a doctor. Most people who have jobs will continue to do so, so people like haley and Alex who are basically jobless would continue to be so. I love Harvey, but I guess I like Alex a bit more Yeah, Alex has a bit of hidden depth to him, he was actually very insecure about a lot of things, he thinks he's stupid and doesn't even think he could make it as a pro. At least marrying him save him from a trailer park life with Haley. :p j/k . I'm not sure how I feel about him giving up on being a pro, but me and him think that he wouldn't make it, and he seems content with being a stay at home dad, I guess he's happy, not sure if I keep him from achieving his dreams or save him from a life full of disappointment though.

• ptbotwo

ptbotwo Void-Bound Voyager

My first choices were Maru and Leah, I ended up marrying Maru, but my first choice would have been Linus. Loaded a 2nd game. I am trying for Harvey this time, 2 more hearts to go. :)

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

What?! But.. but... moustache!

• tammarine

tammarine Void-Bound Voyager

I fell in love in Harvey at first sight. (This is the reason to buy this game!) Actually he is my type in real life too!
              So I really hate his mustache in final design. But there are many no-mustache mod to download. Not to worry! :D

He's really kind and make me wish to find someone like him in real life someday... ;-(

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
              • Neonova

Neonova Big Damn Hero

I think Leah is the more 'real-world' person in this game. Including that she is beautiful and may punch me if I give things to other people when married (spoiler: because she punched her ex, why it would be different with me?).

She is also different from the other bachelor/ette because apparently she is the only that had a past, she had an ex, she lived in a big city, everything is mentioned, the other bachelor/ette mention too little of themselves, or just the necessary, nothing new, nothing interesting.

And she is an artist, this made me fall in love with her because I am (or try to be) an artist as well.

Pudassassin and idiotequed like this.
                • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

She also has another heart scene that I haven't seen any of the others have (it's called the "7 heart scene", heh...with the fruit tree and stuff =x).

Neonova likes this.
                  • Marak

Marak Big Damn Hero

Abby has a poster of Chrono in her room, and a Super Nintendo. Case closed, Abby is best waifu.

• Godot

Godot Big Damn Hero

The one where she cannot reach the fruit?
                      Got it as well :)

Neonova likes this.
                      • rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

scuse u maru builds robots hands down best girl

Marak likes this.
                        • idiotequed

idiotequed Aquatic Astronaut

I did appreciate re: Leah that you both moved from a big city and that sort of job/life style. When she asked me why I moved here, I considered the options and thought "to escape from that life" seemed the most accurate (Grandpa's footsteps was a close option, but given the opening office cubicle drudgery, escape seemed right).

I was struck when Leah said that was her story, too. Same reason. That plus her being the only one with a seven heart event would make me think she was the "tru waifu" if this game had that sort of thing. (In dating sims, you'd expect her to be the obvious main choice without a corresponding rival.) Notwithstanding how eerily similar her and Elliott's two heart events are (indicating their paired off ness -- though it also made me think, geeze, TOO similar).

Still... I am forever about glasses nerds.

Pudassassin likes this.
                          • Johnny Melano

Johnny Melano Void-Bound Voyager

He is attractive, he has a nice body and is a football player, also he has the alpha bitch hanging around him all the time.

Are you really surprised?

• Jumboshrimp

I married him because he's a jerk to be honest. I like jerks, and I hate long hairs, which eliminated more than half the bachelor roster. It actually makes me feel bad about breaking Haley and Alex up since they are a confirmed couple unlike Maru/Harvey or ambiguous like Sam/Penny. Haley is a gold digger, so I'm not sure if he's into Alex because he's an aspired foodball player, I doubt he would make it as a football player though, so I don't think he could even effort Haley's spending habit, I could see them being poor and have to scrap by.

• kdietz62

kdietz62 Space Hobo

I married Harvey, and have one child

• elebuu

elebuu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was considering Abigail or Harvey, but my heart belongs to the Wizard.

uberlobster likes this.
                                  • uberlobster

uberlobster Void-Bound Voyager

I had to think for a moment who Alex is. He's higher on my list of affection with the villagers than Sam and Sebastian, but he's not immediately memorable.

Nice choice, but I wish he had more depth.

I married Abigail who was not my first choice. Initially, I was torn between Penny and Leah, but I liked Abigail's liveliness. It's a shame she becomes a hollow husk after marriage, sleeping all day on Thursdays or staring non-stop at David Jr.

Maru is the only female candidate I have at less than 8 hearts, probably because I'm shallow. Then again, she just hasn't piqued my interest like the other villagers. Fabio has a better personality than I initially presumed, but the other male candidates aren't much to write about. Of course, Harvey gets an honorable mention because he seems the least interesting in my opinion. I should still get to know him, I suppose...

elebuu likes this.
                                    • Jumboshrimp

I'm actually surprised how popular Sebastian is, since he's so far away compared to the rest of the villagers and one of the hardest to find most of the time (at least for me). I'm also not a fan of goth and long haired, so I guess I'm a bit biased. Harvest is the most romantic out of everyone, so it was really hard for me to choose between him and Alex. Fabio is the second least popular, and I thought for certain he would be the least popular.

I love the Sayaka avatar, btw. My fourth favorite Madoka character, with Homura at the top.

• Neonova

Neonova Big Damn Hero

Whom did you choose?

• Jumboshrimp

Alex, I was thinking that Harvey is too much of a nice guy, so Alex would provide more excitement. I also gravitate toward jerks in general. I'm one of the few people find his beard to be adorable and second best looking guy after Alex. I may make another file later on choosing either Harvey or Leah, I haven't decided yet.

Neonova likes this.