RP Pocket Watch (Chapter 5: Latin Love)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Immortal Trance, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Immortal Trance

Immortal Trance Cosmic Narwhal

"This was just a demonstration! Don't worry no-" He then realizes he didn't seem to feel like someone of this time. "Do you happen to be from the experiment?" Slayde had to look up in order to even speak properly to Ben.

Alkanthe likes this.
  2. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Elise clicks on the third link. If her relative had worked for Trif-Tech, then meeting him would explain a lot of what happened over the years. Looking into his escape could lead into some idea of where he might have gone or why he was sentenced to prison in the first place.

Alkanthe likes this.
  3. Jaylor

Jaylor Orbital Explorer

"I might be. If you're referring to the freeze pod thing, then yes. I've been waiting around for a while, but I hadn't seen anyone else until you showed up. You and, uh, the other ones." Benjamin hoped this was enough information in as little words as possible- he felt bad for the man having to look up so high and was feeling uncomfortable because of the attention.

Alkanthe likes this.
  4. Immortal Trance

Slayde wiped sweat from his forehead. He was glad this was one of the few areas where there were no cameras. "Did you get the tour and wander off or?" He asked.
    ----------
    The article opened up.

'Jamison Marinova the first ever recorded pocket watch mechanic escapes one of trifarias greatest prison located in the inner sanctum. He was arrested earlier this year for conspiracy to rebel. Using his Pocket Watches mechanical power he was attempting to clone people without their permission in an experiment. Now that Jamison Marinova is on the loose people fear he will continue his experiment. Trifarious-Tech executives had nothing to say on this subject except that they are trying their hardest to find him.

Before he was convicted he was records saying the following. "I refuse to work with rebels, and I refuse to stand for Trifarious-Techs plans on controlling our planet. I work for myself and no one else!"'

The dog growls quietly while Elise is reading.

Alkanthe likes this.
  5. Jaylor

Jaylor Orbital Explorer

"No, I never got any tour. Like I said, you're the first person I've seen since getting out of that pod. Who are you?" Ben felt bad being so blunt about it but he needed to know in case this guy was dangerous- not that Benjamin couldn't handle him.

Alkanthe likes this.
  6. DustyScabbard

At the sound of the dog Elise turns her gaze to the rest of the room, but sees nothing out of the ordinary compared to when they came in. She looks at the pooch with a doubtful glance. Probably just dog things. Disappointed about the article's brevity, she writes down any relevant information in her digital notebook. She may not understand the entire business of the pocket watches, but Elise knows now that her relative probably wasn't going to be hanging out in Slayde's circle. Oh, and the fact that he might be mad scientist. Yeah.... Elise goes back a page and clicks on the second link.

7. Immortal Trance

"Oh well, sorry. I know your planet used to look better, we found text books stating so. Your planet used to be so nice." Slayde started to frown. "I can give you a tour we just have to keep a close eye on guards. Do you have any questions?" He then started to walk out. A slight smile already started to over take his frown.
    ----------

The article opens up instantly.

'Jamison Marinova is now being watched by Trifarious-Tech. In his recent studies it is apparent that he has found ways to bring those that are dead, back to life and how there is a way to clone them.

He has since been served papers for conspiracy to rebel.

"I never knew being a Mechanic could get me into trouble. I never wanted a life like this." He says.

His trial will stand in exactly one week.'

It is strange that none of the articles had dates, plus they were relatively short.
    Guess that was just another draw back of the future.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  8. Jaylor

Jaylor Orbital Explorer

Benjamin remained perfectly still, not content with Slayde. He had avoided his question of who he was, and whether that was intentional or not, he wanted answers.

"Yes, I want to know who you are, and where the other pod people are."

Benjamin's old friends had told him to be more direct, but as he'd had no practice in being direct before, he didn't know if he was over doing it. What he did know is that he wanted to be around other people- he didn't trust this man.

Immortal Trance likes this.
  9. DustyScabbard

This article was similarly short. Are there no decent reporters in the future? Recording this information in her notebook as well, Elise closes the article and steps away from the computer. So, there's another Marinova out there. How are you going to find him, smarty? Well, he's not going to be in Trif-Tech's main area, and the rebels are out here. If they knew he was here, then they would never stop pestering him to join their cause. Yeah, you got to experience that all up-close and personal, didn't you? Thank's for the reminder. Elise turns to the door, stopping only to look back at the dog. "What about you, boy? Do you want to come along?"

10. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

"if i get an awesome watch like that ill join no problem, that thing is freaking AWESOME."

11. Immortal Trance

"Well, my name is Slayde. This is Trifaria. Trifaria was built and it ran by a company called Trifariois-tech a-" He explains how Trifariois-Tech is bad and how there is hope.

Slayde finishes and finally takes a deep breathe. "Phew."

"As for your pod people. Most of them might be getting surgery, I will explain this later, but there are two people just down this alley way if you wanted to come!" Slayde said.

He tried to make sure Ben would come into the alleyway so the guards wouldn't see them in the street.
    ----------
    The dog gets up. There was a small grin on the dogs face, it was kind of cute.

The dog then stretched, yawned and walked by her side.
    ----------
    The woman frowned. "This thing is more of a curse then something "awesome", but yes we will eventually give you one. We have a doctor who previously did these surgeries for Trifarious-Tech. Keep in mind the are a lot of rules and restrictions to follow if you want to stay alive though."

She then started to walk out the opposite side if the alley. "If you need more information we can go get some coffee." She continued.

"Oh, I almost forgot, my name is Sandra, but you can cal me Butterfly." She looks back at the group and winks.

12. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

"I dont really like coffee."

13. Immortal Trance

She stops in her tracks. "After 1000 years I figured I would get you something. How about some food, anything you like they might have it. Donuts, sandwich's, and even tea."

14. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

"Tea still exists? Awesome."

15. Immortal Trance

"Then tea it is!" They start to walk out.

16. Jaylor

Jaylor Orbital Explorer

"Well...fine. Lead me to the others, please." Benjamin would then follow Slayde unquestioningly, but still keeping himself alert for anything that might try to ambush him.

17. Immortal Trance

Slayde walks slightly fast to catch up to Sandra.

"We are heading to a nearby cafe. You don't mind right?" He asked Ben.

18. Jaylor

Jaylor Orbital Explorer

"No, I don't."
    Benjamin would shadow Slayde until the group reached their destination.

19. Immortal Trance

The group finally reaches a street. They merge into a wave of people.

"Don't make yourself stick out too much." She whispered.

If the group were to look around they could see cameras watching over the street.

"But don't worry much, We are protected we have eyes everywhere." She whispered one last time.

They passed plenty if beggars, strangely dressed people, and even a few dogs and cats.

20. Jaylor

Jaylor Orbital Explorer

Benjamin said nothing as he smoothly and calmly wove through the mass of humans and animals, carefully avoiding any kind of contact at all. He had grown used to this type of thing before being frozen- though it wasn't something he'd prided himself on.