REQUEST Please, please, please, a shinx reskin for cat pets ;~;

Discussion in 'Mods' started by LeBui, Mar 30, 2016.

1. bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'll probably get on that after I have lunch, I just got up and it's a wonder I can even type properly at the moment. And thanks for the good luck, I definitely need it! Right now I'm practicing the basics by revamping the crystal umbreon sprite to the style of ruby and sapphire.

And yes Destany89, I do have a thread, it's located here. I do my best to keep it up-to-date, and I tend to take requests for stuff I can do that's fairly simple, such as replacing pets with pokemon, at least gen 1-4 pokemon. I don't have access to gen 5-6 sprites, since the ones I use for this are the mystery dungeon sprites. I tried getting permission from someone on deviantart who makes custom pmd sprites to use some of his awesome work, but last I checked he hadn't been on in around 20 weeks, so I don't have much faith in that bearing fruit, and I can't use them without permission without absolutely hating myself.

One last thing, if you're interested in pokemon mods, check out this thread here for a list of all the pokemon mods for Stardew that they can find, that is assuming you haven't already. Some other threads to follow would be the pokedew valley thread here. The pokedew valley thread may be dead in the sense that the original poster no longer has time to update it, but that hasn't stopped people from continuing the discussion and posting a few mods there now and then. Another would be this thread here, although I don't know how active this one is, it does have some stuff on it. The last one I can think of at the moment is this thread here that has some neat edits of the town and various other things. While I believe most stuff from the main posts of these makes it on the first thread in this paragraph with the list of mods, but I don't know if they get all the mods that spring up from other people on those threads. I think that's all I can remember for now. Oh wait I remembered one last one, Flareon's thread here, it isn't all pokemon, but they do have some neat stuff!

Also, since it can never be said enough, always remember to create backups when using mods.

XaviiKinz likes this.
    • bulbaswat

Okay, so I might not actually do the persian today. I got really caught up in exploring the website where I found the spriting tutorial I'm using. So yeah, but I should be able to do it tomorrow for sure. As in I plan on doing it as soon as I'm fully awake tomorrow.

• Destany89

Destany89 Cosmic Narwhal

Is it hard getting into sprinting? There's some furniture I want to tweak and also resprite that bowl to look like tarot cards. I am far from computer smart lol so not sure if I could do it but I think it'd be fun to try. I also want to learn it to combine some mods like furniture mods or to add some furniture mods together. I think that's called unpack xnb?

• bulbaswat

In theory, it shouldn't be all that hard to combine two mods for something like the Cursors.xnb file, but that's assuming you have a good understanding of how to use a computer, as well as understanding how to use the command prompt. As for spriting, it really depends on what style you want to be able to create or match, as well as having a decent program to do it in. A couple years ago I started doing recolours and some really basic stuff like that in the paint program that came with windows xp, which I understood quite well. Now I use a program called RealWorld Paint that I stumbled across in highschool, and I think it's treated me well.

But enough rambling, I need to get to work on the persian stuff now. Do let me know if I can point you in the right direction if you decide to pursue the idea of mod making though.

• bulbaswat

Alright, I finished the Persian stuff and posted it on my thread here. I'm now going to go make a post on the retextures list thread about this, so that it can be added to that. After that I might actually make some stuff to go with the buizel mod you did Xavii, because I'm apparently a bloody loon. That is, if it's okay with you for me to do that, which based on past interactions I'm assuming it is. Although I don't think I'll do a cry for it just yet, because I'm not sure those two sound files are the only ones that the cat uses, and if I'm going to go to the trouble of making a cry mod for buizel, I don't want it making any sounds that make no sense for it, like meowing and stuff. I think that's all I wanted to say for now.

XaviiKinz likes this.
            • bulbaswat

I'm editing the Buizel sprite right now, and noticed two pixels that I don't think should be there. I will have this "fixed" in my version, assuming they are not meant to be here. Allow me to show you where they are.
              upload_2016-4-3_15-25-36.png
              upload_2016-4-3_15-26-24.png upload_2016-4-3_15-27-4.png

I know it's a really minor thing, but I felt like showing you anyway.

Edit: I just finished making the Buizel stuff. I shall await your response before posting them, just to be sure you're okay with it.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
                XaviiKinz likes this.
              • XaviiKinz

XaviiKinz Space Penguin Leader

Oh, I must have missed those two stray pixels when erasing the background from the sprites. Thanks for telling me.
                Looks pretty good as a shiny :up:
                Also, go ahead and post, no worries.

Edit: Ah, and please excuse me for not replying to your earlier post. I don't know how but I literally didn't see it.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
                  bulbaswat likes this.
                • bulbaswat

Alright, just posted that at my thread here as usual.

And don't worry about not responding to that. I'm very patient and very forgiving :)

XaviiKinz likes this.
                  • HiHaHi123

HiHaHi123 Orbital Explorer