Modding Help Please help! JSON Error

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Soul98455, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Soul98455

Soul98455 Aquatic Astronaut

I didn't want to ask for help but I cannot identify the problem (lack of experience). I'm getting (two?) errors
    • [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /items/generic/food/tier1/chug jug/chugjug.consumable, (AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /items/generic/food/tier1/chug jug/chugjug.consumable
    • Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /items/generic/food/tier1/chug jug/chugjug.consumable
    • Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: unexpected character parsing word at 22:1
    (also what does it mean when it says error at 22:1 for future reference)
    It isn't causing crashing but the item simply comes up as a perfect item. snipppppp.JPG
    Any and all help is appreciated.

(ALSO | If anyone knows how to make it reusable please share. It would be greatly appreciated!)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  2. Soul98455

I replaced it with a cactus juice code and added in some code and it worked fine. Added "food" to the end of rage cause I forgot it. I also removed the learned recipes and the game did not like it and crashed. returning it fixed the problem. I believe my problem lies with it not having a recipe for whatever reason....

3. Soul98455

20180202000035_1.jpg works I guess

4. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

"(also what does it mean when it says error at 22:1 for future reference)"

It says at line 22, character 1 there is a problem. So from your screenshot it looks like you have an extra ] that is causing problems.

There is nothing wrong with asking for help, its partly why this forum exists :)

Are you still having issues?

The | Suit likes this.
  5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Also it is easier if you just copy the code into the post instead of taking a screenshot.

You can use the bcc code
    [code] [/code] to post it in.