Playable Race- Kwi

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Vorco Rot-Gut, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Vorco Rot-Gut

Vorco Rot-Gut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you everyone for the super awesome words :>
    [​IMG]
    I present you with a Hazard Kwi! Like the one guy in the one picture! Now they can go adventuring in inhospitable lands together :D

blind sniper likes this.
  2. Nyss

Nyss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

awww how cute! Flightless, but cute!

3. Vorco Rot-Gut

But flying seems a bit unfair considering gravity is one of your worst foes xD

But I wanted to thank everyone one last time, I'm really glad so many people liked it! I'm gonna stop adding since I'm just being a bum and not letting any new ideas really get a foothold xP Though if a new contest crops up where I could use them as an entry I would love to :> Until that day say bye bye to the Kwi :love:

Bye bye! :3

4. jackalope

jackalope Big Damn Hero

No.... No.... No.... BLASPHEMY!

This is the BEST race idea on the whole forums! Plus, this is the suggestion thread, which is meant to give the devs ideas. Which means they might want your Kwis.

Shorter version: Make more please?:love:

Vorco Rot-Gut likes this.
  5. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Wow that is a VERY well drawn picture!

The idea for a kiwi race is so freaking cute, I would definitely use it over any human.
    Only thing though is that I'll probably just run into every fight instead of avoid them. :laugh:

Vorco Rot-Gut likes this.
  6. Vorco Rot-Gut

That's what role-playing is about being someone else! Even if they go against the norm of whoever :D

:p okay, I don't promise much since my last few papers and finals are coming up, but if I have nothing else to do I will make more and just add them to the Main post.

Bine and Zailiner like this.
  7. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Vorco, this is brilliant. It really is. There were a few things that contradicted in the history but that isnt the point! You did a brilliant job designing the race itself at least. Flightless little bird people, forced to play smart to survive. I like ^_^

8. Nyss

Nyss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the idea a lot too, even if I'd prefer something more flight capable, they're just too adorable to dislike. I'd play as one for sure.

9. Vorco Rot-Gut

I am so tired :zzz:
    [​IMG]
    Sleepy time...

blind sniper likes this.
  10. Darkeye

Darkeye Orbital Explorer

I approve!

11. Aramadon

Aramadon Subatomic Cosmonaut

A Kwi would be awesome to play as :D Those are some well done sprites too.

12. Nyss

Nyss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would love to see what the developers think of this idea, for sure.

13. Ole

Ole Aquatic Astronaut

Kwi and different playable races are so awesome, I think it would be a major pluss for the game if there were several different of them! Btw, i love the Kwi, they look so awesome!

14. Vega

Vega Yeah, You!

I like this Kiwi idea, I like it not only cause it is new, different and not pony related (ponies are overdone now, they are to in to be cool in society anymore) and something about the bird person with a laser gun mowing a few mo fos down just makes me smiles for miles. Look up, look down, That Kiwi has a gun, whats this, thats a hole in your gut, yours dead~ I'm a Mutha Fluffin Kiwi~

TehEpikMonk likes this.
  15. I love this idea. Somehow, its seems to fit perfectly with the overall feel of Starbound. Even if they don't become a playable race, they should at least appear as NPCs (perhaps traders and hirelings).

blind sniper likes this.
  16. Dr. Otaku-Sensei

Dr. Otaku-Sensei Phantasmal Quasar

Seems awesome, really hope that they make it to the game playable :D

17. They're ADORABUL:love:
    As Iferno said, if they even will not be a playable race (I am a little doubt that they fit a 'standard' clothing and equipment), I would like to see them in-game as NPCs:alien:

18. Wilcol

Wilcol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's pretty neat. I seemed like an unlikely concept, but you were able to pull it together perfectly.

I do wonder, how would armor and weapons work with it though...

19. TehLonelyDonut

TehLonelyDonut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome post, Vorco!
    Loving the sprites and drawing.
    Anyway, I would love to be a Kwi in StarBound. (Considering Imma huge, muscley Orc, who wields a warhammer and heavy amour.I like smashing things :3)
    It really would appeal to the cuddly badasses in StarBound.
    Awesome post!

20. R__Man

R__Man Star Wrangler

*Leans back in chair*

Hmm... Huh... Errmm... Uhhh... Hmmmm... Yes...

Yes, this MUST be a playable race! I will just throw money at the screen untill it happens...