1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Playable Chess 1.0

Now with chessboards!

1. Myrmex

Myrmex Pangalactic Porcupine

Tired of endless running and digging? Bored of space age and all these hightech things? Call a friend and spent some time relaxing with a classic game of chess!
    It's easy to start - just assemble a game table, create a set of figures, place them and enjoy your brain getting smarter.

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Note:
    Current content of the mod:
    - stone chessboard
    - classic pieces set (wood)
    - royal pieces set (gold and silver)
    - baroque pieces set (bone and obsidian)
    - primal pieces set (magma and moon stones)

Vanilla pieces were used in creation of this mod.

How to install:
    Unzip archive to mods directory so path would be like this:
    [–] Starbound
    .....[–] mods
    ..........[–] colfigures
    ...............[+] interface
    ...............[+] items
    ...............[+] objects
    ...............[+] quests
    ...............[+] recipes
    ...............[+] sfx
    ................... colfigures.modinfo
    ................... player.config
    ................... quests.config

How to start:
    Create gameboard and one of pieces sets via crafting table. Place a box on the ground, on activation it will drop 32 pieces.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  2. Starbug

Starbug Guest

wow.. I don't mean to damn you with faint praise, but that's better than a lot of the content that is in this game already.

3. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

Clever.

4. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Utilizing a custom storage UI for playing a game of chess that multiple players can view?? That's genious!

5. facara

facara Starship Captain

Wow this mod is really nice :D

6. Myrmex

Myrmex Pangalactic Porcupine

Thank you guys ^_^
    There're still few problems though. I tried to make some sort of switch (over the timer) visible to any player to define whose turn it is, but failed with understanding JSON. Also couldn't find a way to create more than 3 item grids: current groups are itemGrid, itemGrid2 and outputItemGrid, new ones refuse to work. Would appreciate any help.

7. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

I haven't done anything with containers or the new UI system before, but I can look into it. If you post in the modding help subforum there are a few good modders in there too that might be able to help you out.

8. There's a hard limit of 3 Item Grids that you can place in the interfaces. Plans to increase this limit is already there, but its a low priority. If you need any help just shoot me a message.

The new UI API might be able to help you out alot better than using a container. As you could enforce player turns, specific movement rules, etc. with it.

9. SpiderDave

SpiderDave Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you want this to work on rampaging koala, delete player.config and make a new file player.config.patch and put this in it: http://pastebin.com/xHCeU2yg