1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Pipes flow 2016-08-16

Pipes don't stop liquid from flowing

1. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

bk3k submitted a new mod:

Pipes flow - Pipes don't stop liquid from flowing

Read more about this mod...

2. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

So it look like but if i dont put block around the pipe it will not contain the flow ?

Also liquid can pass throug , but projectil and others 1 square size thing can also pass or they are still block ?

3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

It is still a block... except to liquids. To liquids, this doesn't exist. So you'd make a plumping nearly like you could before, but instead of having a blank space there, you have pipes so it looks better.

And what's also true is that you can't pass through them the way you'd pass through an empty space. Projectiles won't pass through. It is still considered a valid block so it doesn't create a hole where colony deeds are concerned. So it could be used to drain the tenant's rooms... or flood them if you wanted.

This is mostly an immersion enhancement. It makes more sense that liquids go through the pipe blocks than it does the liquids are blocked by it. It uses vanilla mechanics exclusively so it is limited.

It occurs to me I COULD probably make a block that does the opposite. A block that doesn't prohibit player movement but does stop liquids. That might be interesting. Or more to the point, I think I'm going to make a metamaterial for a door that does this. Not as a part of this mod though. But it could be amazing the for bottom of the ocean.

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  4. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

ok thank you for reply ^^

5. origamania

origamania Subatomic Cosmonaut

Like the bubble blocks in Terraria? Yes please!
    Could you also make portcullis and large portcullis invisible to water, too?

6. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

It occurred to me that I could add the attributes to a few more select blocks. Things you would not expect to be water tight. But then I figured people probably would not want that from the same mod. So that would be separate if anything.

The portcullis and large portcullis... yeah I could do that. It would be a defining a new metamaterial and swapping it out. I could do all this via patch. But again in a separate mod for those that don't want their existing underwater castles flooded.

さわまやゑぺ and Shadox2.0 like this.
  7. Shadox2.0

Shadox2.0 Spaceman Spiff

Also think to check "drip1" and "drip2" items (in vanilla files , get them with /spawnitem command) , it can be usefull for visual improvement of your mod , and like it's already in the game file its maybe easier for you to use it.

8. Gubldi

Gubldi Big Damn Hero

Do Anyone have ideas to use this with pipes in background?

9. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

No way to really use it that way. It changes the pipe tiles to have no liquid collisions, so in the background it will act as though there is no background. In turn, liquid will drain.

10. さわまやゑぺ

さわまやゑぺ Astral Cartographer

So if i dont 'wrap' pipes in blocks, but stand beside them, and the pipes are transporting poison/lava, will the liquid hurt me?
    also some bounty (micro)dungeons use pipes in spaceship fuel tanks, if install this mod before visiting them, the fuel will drain away before i can save them, can u prevent this?