1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

People Rushing for Getting Beta Test and Moderator Rights.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kjulo, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KatamES

KatamES Void-Bound Voyager

Somewhat true but i respond to nearly each post in this forum not for a moderator rights or beta access but to help the community grow and flourish, I do troll on other forums but i do it rarely in here but AFAIK i have never troll in SB's Forum.

2. Thanks for posting this, Kjulo. It really is a point that needs to be pointed out. Maybe now that the Administrators and|or Devs see this, they will re-consider how to pick the beta testers(if it was ever decided).
    And I do like the idea of doing it by lottery. There are a lot of active members on the IRC that I know would make great moderators and testers, as opposed to the people that just obsess on the forums.

3. FungusTrooper

FungusTrooper Phantasmal Quasar

This is fair enough, but some people would actually like one if not both of these rights, I think? I love being a mod, I've modded on a bunch of other forums and it's always fun. Yeah, it's hard work, especially in a super busy community like this, but it's still a lot of fun.

And as for beta.. well, a lot of people that have beta tested before are hoping they get picked here. A lot of people actually like beta testing - otherwise beta testing for indie games wouldn't exist.

4. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't get why people are so upset about other people who are just posting here to be a beta tester/mod.
    I personally don't want to be either of them, and I'm probably not "good" enough.
    But as long as people obey the rules and are friendly it doesn't matter why they're here!
    If they really want to achieve that, just let them; if they spam, warn/ban them.

Ashen likes this.
  5. Ashen

Ashen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree, it is what it is. Not a problem for me since personally I do not have the time nor desire to want to do either of those things. I do however, want good/decent moderators and beta testers that know what to do and not to get the positions just to brag about it. It seems so far (for the most part) that it has been working out well for the community to be invited as moderators so keep up the good work all that are involved. :up:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.