REQUEST Penny Polendina mod request (Sprite reskin)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Cirnochaos, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Cirnochaos

Cirnochaos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So before playing this game, and looking at Penny's portraits, I have noticed something. Penny shares three things with Penny Polendina. 1: Hers hair, 2: Hers hair style, and 3: They share the same name. Im curious to see an Penny Polendina mod that replaces Penny's sprite with Penny Polendina. I am aware that someone would need to make an Penny Polendina sprite sheet and portrait however.

Pictures for example:

Penny Polendina: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...ABo/QFmY3gEbssE/w785-h785/Profile+picture.png

Penny (Stardew Valley): http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...t_192px.png/revision/latest?cb=20160306052017

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    • erind616

erind616 Void-Bound Voyager

It's a little rough and I didn't touch the hair at all (I don't know if you want me to), but if you like the look of this I can clean it up and put it on the whole portrait sprite sheet. When that's done I can edit the sprites to match. Just want to make sure this is sort of what you're looking for before I continue.

[​IMG]
      (this is 4x the size of the actual portrait for your viewing pleasure)

Oh, and before I forget, would you want Penny Polendina's dress from the dance scene for the Penny dress sprites?

Cirnochaos and SarahKik like this.
      • Cirnochaos

It looks perfect! Its like Penny is cosplaying as Penny Polendina. I actually requested this for my friend, so I pictured it to look like Penny Polendina herself. However, I think my friend would enjoy what you did. Personally, I really really love what you did, and I'd request that the mod would be done like what you did (Penny cosplaying as Penny Polendina). And yes, I'd like to see Penny Plendina's dress for Penny's dress sprites.It looks perfect, thank you. You did a wonderful job!

(I think he wants it the way you just did, so keep it the way it is. Thank you very much, you are the best!)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
        • erind616

Sorry the sprite sheet took so long, I've been very busy as of late. Here's what the finished portrait and sprite files look like:
          [​IMG] [​IMG]
          I didn't change her wedding and flower dance outfits except for adding her bow and making her eyes a little lighter green because I figured she should match the occasion.

Instructions for Installation (just in case you need them):
          1. Backup your original Penny.xnb file for her portrait and the one for her sprite sheet somewhere just in case you ever want them back.
          2. Unzip the folder. The file outside the "Penny portrait" folder goes into /Characters and the one inside the folder goes to /Portraits.
          3. Move the files into your portraits and characters folders respectively, replacing the ones already there (the path should be something like C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\Content and then \Portraits or \Characters).

EDITED FOR THE RIGHT FILE

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
            Raymu, mrobake, Cirnochaos and 2 others like this.
          • EvilPoptart81

EvilPoptart81 Cosmic Narwhal

I was wondering when someone was going to do this! This is adorable. You've done a wonderful job with this!

erind616 likes this.
            • Cirnochaos

Thank you so much for making this for us! You done us a service, sir or madam

• erind616

It's madam (not that it really matters lol), and it was my pleasure! Let me know if you find any issues with it (I haven't tested it in an actual game) and I'll fix them ASAP.

• mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

If only I can like this 100 times..

Thank you for the work madam.

erind616 likes this.
                  • mrobake

Btw, the sprite character is alright, but the potrait character shows the original Penny with different hairstyle.
                    penny2.png

• Raymu

Raymu Big Damn Hero

My game won't even run with it installed. o_O

Do I need to start fresh for it to work, or am I doing something wrong? I'm really not too smart with this modding stuff.

It looks very nice, you did a good job, I'm probably just doing it wrong. :p

• Cirnochaos

I have tested it. The sprite sheet works for me, however, the portrait doesnt exactly work. For some reason, it changes Penny's hair style into a ponystyle.

Another problem, and this is on my friends side, is that his game keeps crashing for some reason. The game did crashed for me once, but afterwords the sprite mod worked.

I wonder if Im the only one who is having this issue.

• erind616

Oh gosh I'm sorry guys that's a different Penny mod I was working on and I switched the files in the folder by accident (they all have to be Penny.xnb to work so it gets confusing sometimes). I edited the post and it should be the right file now, but just in case I'm going to attach the file to this post as well (better safe than sorry).

Seriously, I'm so sorry about that, let me know if there's any more issues.

Attached Files:

mrobake and Cirnochaos like this.
                          • erind616

You both may need to verify the integrity of your game cache (there should be a tutorial on how to do it here). It'll get rid of any mods you have though so be sure to back those up or know where to get them back. I had this happen to me recently too (still haven't gotten around to putting my mods back on though).

There's a possibility that you put it in the wrong place. What folder did you put the files in?

• Raymu

Raymu Big Damn Hero

I'll give it a try, thanks!

I believe I put them in characters and portraits, though after verifying cache I may make sure I didn't accidentally get the two mixed.

• Cirnochaos

Thank you, I have just tested and the mod works 100% now. Thank you very much!

• mrobake

Let us know when that mod is done. That Penny looks cute too