Pearl Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

So I finally got around to playing the 'new' patch (1.3) after a small hiatus from the game. I'm liking everything so far... except for the higher material prices (glaring at YOU, Robin and Clint!! :mad: ). I just finished my first Night Market a few nights ago... love the music for the mermaid song. I haven't looked, but I did purchase the music from the game, so I'm hoping it gets included in the album so I can download it.

Now, regarding the pearls, according to the wiki, "The Pearl is a special item that can be obtained only during the Night Market Festival. There is a 1% chance to catch it while fishing in the Fishing Submarine. Otherwise, it can be obtained inside the Mermaid Boat by clicking on the clam shells in the correct sequence.", and "Only one Pearl may be obtained from the Mermaid Boat per player per savefile.".

I'm confused by what I had happen in my game. I have a coop with 2 blue chickens, 2 rabbits and 8 ducks. On the first day of the Night Market, I found a pearl in my coop. I then got the pearl from the Market. On the first day AFTER the market, I got another pearl in my coop. A couple days later I got another pearl in my coop. This happened again so that I'm now sitting on 5 pearls in my storage.

I thought you were supposed to only get one, and that was during the Night Market?
    Not complaining... just confused. haha

• Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I never knew multiple Pearls were possible. I do know the Mermaids give just 1 per playthrough.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

do you have the 'very special blue chicken' mod? that makes blue chickens occasionally spawn pearls

• Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nope, just the vanilla game 'cause I'm on iOS where mods aren't supported. Not knowing that mod existed, I apologize if you were intending only those running it to respond (for all I knew, rare blue chickens were in the core game and I just hadn't learned of them yet).

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

ah, i can't offer suggestions on ios, it seems rather buggy though X''D

• Stryder87

That's probably it. I completely forgot about that mod. But wow, does it ever increase the chance of getting a pearl. I've got 7 in my storage now, and no use for them as I managed to get everyone (except Kent) to full hearts by the beginning of winter Y1. At least they sell for a nice bit of chance. :3

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

it totally does X''D i want to use it but since i won't talk to shane i am out of luck, haha

• Stryder87

Come on... push through it... think of the greater gold... errr... good.... :laugh:

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

caaaaan't i won't drink even for the utest chickychicks

also you beat me out X''D i am not capped on the mayor yet, no sign of kent(to be fair i am at the end of fall) and i have a fat ol' zero on shane(as i always do). turns out when you friend grind the kids and pierre half the village ends up accidentally getting friended without any effort

• Stryder87

I'll bet you have no problem downing a cold one with Elliott tho... :poke: (4-heart event).

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

fuck, i skip that one soooo fast. i was mad as heck when he did that. i don't drink irl i don't want to drink in-game, honestly there are a few problematic cut-scenes in the game but this is on the level of uncomfortable with peeping on pierre and getting kissed against my will by elliot and abigail with the bonus of going against my life-choices

of course whining about game flaws is suuuper off-topic so maybe i should put that back in my back pocket X'''D